Board Logo

Administrivia: backup tonight
vanderaj - December 30th, 2012 at 03:58 PM

Hi folks,

There will be a backup tonight. That means we'll be down for around an hour from 11 pm til around midnight.

thanks
Andrew

Paulc1964au - December 30th, 2012 at 06:05 PM

no probs have you been able to resolve the email issue? i have not been receiving notification of posts for some time and other have commented similar?

vanderaj - December 31st, 2012 at 12:02 AM

E-mail to various free mail and certain Australian ISPs are broken due to overzealous spam filters.

In particular, Hotmail, Optus and iPrimus are essentially dead to us. :( Gmail works fine. I have configured everything - I digitally sign messages using DKIM (and trust me, very few do this, as it's hard to do), I have a valid SPF records that correctly references where mail can come from, and I send mail through Gmail's servers. I've tried about everything there is to do, and I'm getting nowhere fast with these places.

Please check your Spam folders, and mark them as Not Junk, particularly if you're a Hotmail user. That helps us immensely.

thanks,
Andrew

barls - December 31st, 2012 at 12:05 AM

been checking there, absolutely nothing from aussie veedubbers, even changed it to yahoo. still nothing. dont know why. if its a yahoo or hotmail issue might have to spam their feed back section again to get it working.

h - December 31st, 2012 at 10:47 AM

beware, maybe the evil kult is at work trying to destroy the good times had here
demons out! :smilegrin:

Paulc1964au - December 31st, 2012 at 11:12 AM

My email is gmail and not receiving any