Board Logo

The best service EVER
tweety - July 18th, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Yesterday I returned to the VW Performance Centre Croydon Vic (039 725 5366) for a dyno tune on my ea81 now with supercharger (see non Vw conversion thread)

Wont go into details but everytime I've attended here over the last 4 years I leave so fully satisfied in every way. I live 2 hours away in the hills near Mansfield, its a long way to go but its worth it.

They also do restorations. Very happy with Daniel, Mick and the crew. Highly recommended.

aintgotitmusthaveit - July 18th, 2012 at 01:46 PM

Yep agree
Great service!
Q. Last time I dyno tuned their printer wasn't working
Did you manage to get a print out this time round?

gerggl - July 18th, 2012 at 03:41 PM

Great to hear their are people out there who DO do good work ... if only the rest would take notice!

helbus - July 18th, 2012 at 06:40 PM

I agree.

I had a spark plug spat out of the Beetle, and the RACV towed it to VW Performance Centre Croydon.

I picked up the Beetle later in the day running fine, and when I asked for the bill, Mick said "No Charge"

So on the spot they fixed our car for free.

empi - July 19th, 2012 at 08:58 AM

Mick and co are a great bunch. I have been picking up the odd part from there for years and the past month has been an extremly helpful with bits for my KG. :tu:

h - July 19th, 2012 at 12:10 PM

:tu: great to hear a good story from VWland
unfortunately horror stories are talked about instead of the good
we need more good stories to keep the good going.. :)

tweety - July 22nd, 2012 at 09:53 PM

Yes aintgotitmusthaveit

Printout comparison also from dyno last November after I installed the ea81 plus weber carb. and last week when the Supercharger was dynoed.

It is also on my thread in non VW conversions.

http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy330/eaglefree/img0732.png

red lines are supercharger.

Daniel kept rasing the main jets from 145 to eventually 225 before the flat spots went away. Thats how lean it was. As you can see the supercharger added 22 horsepower and 30% more torque with 5psi....amazing.

Yes, I'll be going back there often. Nice honest people.