Board Logo

EJ turbo Ghia
Baja Wes - November 6th, 2006 at 10:40 AM

I saw this at the Gold Coast show, and thought people might be interested in the pics. I like the guys handiwork. I think he did the carbon fibre himself. It has air con and everything.

I'll add better quality pics once the manxgallery service is back (dns probs)

[ Edited on 6-11-2006 by Baja Wes ]

Baja Wes - November 6th, 2006 at 10:44 AM

Baja Wes - November 6th, 2006 at 10:51 AM

Baja Wes - November 6th, 2006 at 11:03 AM

rocknrob - November 6th, 2006 at 12:32 PM

Wow! that has to be the best intregration of car technologies from decades apart that I've ever seen!

pete wood - November 6th, 2006 at 01:17 PM

nice, wish mine was that neat. :tu:

Baja Wes - November 6th, 2006 at 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rocknrob
Wow! that has to be the best intregration of car technologies from decades apart that I've ever seen!

I thought my digital climate control Baja would have been the best intregration of car technologies from decades apart :cry

:D

Volkswagenboy - November 6th, 2006 at 01:43 PM

I must say I agree with you Wes!
Thanks for giving me the Grande Tour yesterday.
-Staggers.

Baja Wes - November 6th, 2006 at 04:43 PM

I don't mind showing off the Baja to interested parties :D

It sure was nice to get back into the car at the end of the hot show and put the AC back on :)

Volkswagenboy - November 6th, 2006 at 06:18 PM

Wes you have U2U Re: Fuel Guage.
-Staggers.

Baja Wes - November 7th, 2006 at 09:55 PM

Those pics are slightly better quality located here;
http://www.manxgallery.org/gallery/GCVW2006

With other pics from the gold coast show 06.

crewcabconnection - November 7th, 2006 at 10:31 PM

omg ... think I just got out of splits and have a new dream ... wow!

rocknrob - November 8th, 2006 at 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Baja Wes
Quote:

I thought my digital climate control Baja would have been the best intregration of car technologies from decades apart :cry

:D

Wes I meant for a car which still looks virtually original....lets give your baja the award for the most technological intergration of technologies!:kiss

Baja Wes - November 8th, 2006 at 10:30 AM

Quote:
I meant for a car which still looks virtually original...

Well you got me there, mine definitely doesn't look original :D

The KG is awesome, the guy has done some really nice work with it. It's good to see nice engine conversion cars getting around the shows these days.

flat_iv - January 13th, 2007 at 05:37 AM

Anyone know how well it cools with just the hole cut under the front bumper?

ricola - January 13th, 2007 at 10:43 PM

I'd be amazed if he doesn't also use the front nostrils. The Ghia I built only used the nostrils and cooled way more than necessary..

humpty - January 14th, 2007 at 05:28 PM

My bro's WRX/Notch only has a hole around the size of the Ghia's one.... As long as the rad is sealed to the front body work and the hot stuff is directed away, under the car, it will work fine....

Joel - January 14th, 2007 at 08:28 PM

he had a carbon fibre scoop under the front bumper for the rad
man loved his carbon fibre

check the solid CF door panels out

flat_iv - January 15th, 2007 at 03:42 AM

I saw the scoop but I dont see how it would direct the air to the radiator. Seems like it would force the air under the car.

humpty - January 15th, 2007 at 10:46 AM

There's no scoop anywhere near that inlet.... Has it been removed?.... Anyway.... We found thecar actually ran warmer when we tried scoops (3 designs) on the Notch... Weird huh?

flat_iv - January 15th, 2007 at 12:30 PM

You can see the scoop in the 3rd. pic. Did you use any more cooling holes in your Notch?

humpty - January 15th, 2007 at 09:56 PM

No other inlet holes.... The bolt in spare wheel well was removed and a boot partition was fabricated to separate the wheel well from the front boot area.... This also helped to keep the fuel temp down in the tank.... But you can't let the fuel get too low (below 1/4 full), otherwise the fuel gets to hot... Under the tank there is also a shroud that directs the hot air past the beam and away from the tank base and swirlpot...