Board Logo

what wheels do you run on your baja??
pickstock - June 9th, 2011 at 12:33 PM

so im getting my baja!!!

but it needs new tyres and theyre the most expensive thing that ive priced

also i want to increase the track just a little to give it a bit more stability
so im going to put spacers/wheel adaptors on (i can make my own)

the question
what wheels should i go with?? id prefer a spacing like holden or ford that i can pick wheels up at the junk yard and also have a set of mags for looking good

any ideas??

bajachris88 - June 9th, 2011 at 12:39 PM

I got new 31/10.5 R15's (2 of) for $109 each from a large SEQ tyre distributor on ebay. That price included the shipped

Has the 'Dueler' 4x4 tread pattern.
Good all rounder but no side wall protection.

Baja_Bob - June 9th, 2011 at 12:39 PM

If i could, I would go the holden rims.
Holden pursuit / stock rims look better than ford..

baghall - June 9th, 2011 at 06:00 PM

I'm running 31x9.5x15s on the rear on VW wide 5 with a huge negative offset. The fronts are 205x75x15s on suzuki vitara sunraysia rims. Currently in the middle of changing to the suzuki stud patterrn for the rears. at least I will be when I get all the parts. I went suzuki cause of the size and thought that would give me a good selection of 4x4 rims but it turns out I am now limited to suzuki, daihatsu and some jeeps.

pickstock - June 10th, 2011 at 09:04 AM

if i still had my supply of suzuki wheels it would be a good bet

i was thinking olod school subaru (i have a large supply of all sorts of rims) but the largest i can go is 15 and theres no other rims that will fit on the PCD

RodPenrose - June 10th, 2011 at 10:25 AM

Pickstock , I have a 36" x 13" all round on my car , however this requires a bit of modification to suspension components . Rims are a 17 x 10 steel unit I had made a few years ago for the std vw hubs , ROD.

pickstock - June 11th, 2011 at 12:21 AM

if i remember correctly 34" was the biggest you could go withoutg reduction boxes, im thinking 30" would be way big enough!!!
as for the front im not too sure, i think the same size both ends would be better rather than sand rail smalls on the front