Board Logo

WTB kombi clutch cable metal tube
Waterz95 - October 10th, 2014 at 07:21 AM

Hi all, I am in need of the metal tube that goes from the pedal back to the gearbox which is usually welded to the chassis rails for my 1976 kombi. Converting mine from auto to manual and need the tube to complete the transformation.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers Matt

matara - October 10th, 2014 at 03:38 PM

Go to a truck brake shop and ask them for some bundy tube. This is the correct stuff, just bring a bit of your old one along to match the size.

Cheers

Steve

Waterz95 - October 10th, 2014 at 04:24 PM

Okay thanks, I don't have any old stuff as mine is a automatic but I think it's about 12.5 mm
Cheers

pfillery - October 10th, 2014 at 08:42 PM

Pretty sure I have the flexible part at the end that goes from the tube to the gearbox.

helbus - October 10th, 2014 at 10:47 PM

The flexible part is available new. It is called a Bowden tube

Waterz95 - October 11th, 2014 at 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by pfillery
Pretty sure I have the flexible part at the end that goes from the tube to the gearbox.

Thanks but I require the solid metal tube which is a couple metres long that is welded to the chassis.
Cheers

pfillery - October 12th, 2014 at 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by helbus

That's the one Pete. Couldn't think of it, baby brain and sleep deprivation is what I'm blaming.

Waterz95 you will still need the Bowden tube as well as the metal one, it's about a foot long and goes from the rear of the chassis to the bracket on the box.

Unless you already have this part of course.

Waterz95 - October 12th, 2014 at 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by pfillery
Quote:
Originally posted by helbus

That's the one Pete. Couldn't think of it, baby brain and sleep deprivation is what I'm blaming.

Waterz95 you will still need the Bowden tube as well as the metal one, it's about a foot long and goes from the rear of the chassis to the bracket on the box.

Unless you already have this part of course.

Yep I've got that part, I striped a manual kombi of everything I needed for the conversion and failed to remember to angle grind the tube off.
Cheers

vwo60 - October 13th, 2014 at 12:22 PM

Any hydraulic shop will carry suitable tubing to do the job, is 12.5mm OD or ID.

Waterz95 - October 13th, 2014 at 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vwo60
Any hydraulic shop will carry suitable tubing to do the job, is 12.5mm OD or ID.

Yeah, I was just hoping I could get one with the slight bend in it already. 12.5mm is OD