Board Logo

Country Buggy Windscreen
11CAB - February 9th, 2014 at 07:51 PM

Doing some work on the windscreen frame to cut all the rust out and wondering what's the go with a rubber seal? The one I took out was four seperate pieces, and didn't fit very well in the corners. Is there somewhere to get one, or would a windscreen place be able to supply it with a windscreen?

58camper - February 10th, 2014 at 05:50 AM

Graham

Spectrum Rubber in Sydney do the rubbers for the windscreen and front/rear boots.

Use their internet catalogue for part numbers.

From memory pricing is around $170.

Regards,
countrybuggybill

11CAB - February 10th, 2014 at 10:13 AM

Thanks Bill

BrisDubba - February 10th, 2014 at 01:26 PM

Graham, I just walked into a windscreen place with my bare frame and a piece of the old rubber profile and they cut one to fit - wasn't the neatest job in the world - probably 80% .. But it wasn't overly expensive.

It was just a screen shop on beaudesert rd, Salisbury but I am sure any of the older shops that were around before the glue-in days would be able to sort you out.

Cheers

Peter

68AutoBug - February 10th, 2014 at 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 11CAB
Doing some work on the windscreen frame to cut all the rust out and wondering what's the go with a rubber seal? The one I took out was four seperate pieces, and didn't fit very well in the corners. Is there somewhere to get one, or would a windscreen place be able to supply it with a windscreen?

yikes.. well they were saving money there..
maybe a previous owner had a windscreen replaced and used the seperate pieces ??? or was it original???

It may have been a common windscreen rubber material that was used by repair shops??
it would be cheaper to use the 4 individual pieces and glue them together in the corners

LEE

11CAB - February 10th, 2014 at 04:57 PM

I've sent Spectrum an email, so I'll see what they come back with.

vwpizza - February 12th, 2014 at 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 58camper
Graham

Spectrum Rubber in Sydney do the rubbers for the windscreen and front/rear boots.

Use their internet catalogue for part numbers.

From memory pricing is around $170.

Regards,
countrybuggybill

Good stuff Bill,that has answered a question for me as well..

11CAB - February 16th, 2014 at 02:26 PM

I got one ordered through Spectrum. There's about a 5 week back order