Author: Subject: Seat& suspention
MemberKIDO
Learner Dubber

Threads: 2

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: Aumfukya

posted on July 27th, 2005 at 02:05 AM
Seat& suspention

Hello out there. Just wondering if anyone would share their knowledge on a VW plebe?
I have a 71superbug and among, well, everything, I was just wondering if someone could tell me what are the best modern bucket seat to put in them to get them low to the floor [as that's how I like it] and what’s the deal with the suspension?
Is it true that you shouldn’t lower the front? If no, then why is there all this equipment in the EMPI catalog for clearance ball-joints, camber adjusters and lowered struts and springs?
Is there a height for the front and back that still gives that lowered front look while keeping decent travel and the tiers flat on the ground?
Thanks to whomever took the time to read this 8)
Melbourne.
Super Administratorbarls
A.k.a.: Mr indestructible
Super Administrator
Causer of Chaos and Mayhem

Rank Avatar

No Avatar

Threads: 295

Theme: UltimaBB Streamlined2
Mood: indestructible? and listening to the voices

posted on July 27th, 2005 at 06:43 AM

r31 skyline seats, silva seats and a few after market one as well. ive just gone through this with my bug and am still in the process of fitting them. btw any set that you use will require an engineers so it doesnt matter what method you use. im also lowering the front about 2 inches but have yet to put it all together

“We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free.” Bill Hicks
the chaos project - click me

http://www.goats.com/store/images/banner_destroy.png
MemberBiX
Veteran Volks Folk

Threads: 154

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on July 27th, 2005 at 11:24 AM

I would suggest you do a search for these topics have been discussed at length on here before.

But any seat that is narrow enough to fit in the bug and you are happy with will be fine as long as its engineered approved.

You can lower the front of any super, just depends on how draveable you want it, how you drive it, where you drive it. there is alot more to things than just saying i want it 3 inches lower......... unless all you want is looks for a show car.

I have no sympathy for my car, only the wallet that pays for it!
Go hard or go home!!!!

Go To Top