Author: Subject:  I am finally a dubber.(pics of resto r posting here) :D
Member11CAB
Compulsive Aussie Vee Dubber
If ya got it....Baja it

Threads: 321

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue
Mood: Beach'n

posted on January 31st, 2006 at 09:18 PM

Hey Chris, got off the computer and go and work on your Baja........and can you stop photoshopping my pics please......:P

Error
Sorry, you must be a registered user in order to download attachments.

65 Meyers Manx
68 Country Buggy (KO 367)
68 Country Buggy (KO 669)
68 Country Buggy (KO 789)
68 Country Buggy (KO 815)
68 Baja Bug
76 Baja Kombi Twincab
Member11CAB
Compulsive Aussie Vee Dubber
If ya got it....Baja it

Threads: 321

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue
Mood: Beach'n

posted on January 31st, 2006 at 09:19 PM

Stolen backyard pics....:P

Error
Sorry, you must be a registered user in order to download attachments.

65 Meyers Manx
68 Country Buggy (KO 367)
68 Country Buggy (KO 669)
68 Country Buggy (KO 789)
68 Country Buggy (KO 815)
68 Baja Bug
76 Baja Kombi Twincab
Memberbajachris88
A.k.a.: Chris Leete
23 Windows of Awesome
The international telephone dialing code for Antarctica is 672.

Threads: 534

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: A bee bit ma' bottom, now ma' bottom's big!

posted on January 31st, 2006 at 09:37 PM

Lol. :thumb

backyard must be the place to be when restorin' & bajain' this january. :D How much u pay for that lift kit? by the way, whats used on the lift kits to lift up the front body bolts and the body bolts on the rear shock mounts? OR they just ignored when putting hte kit on?

anyways, interesting project comin' along. Been in the yard for hrs today, and only been on the PC this evening :P. I do sometimes do work at night, but bad lighting & mozzies get the best of me :( Almost running out of stuff to unbolt and pull off. Almost.... Lol

hey, whats that lil buggy in the background of ur 2nd pic? ( u still want it? :P)

(ô_!_/ô) (ô_!_/ô)
69' baja: kombi box, thing spindles, irs, disc front, type 3 rear drums, 2 inch lift kit, 31x10 rears. :tu:
New engine in process: 94mm p&bs, 74mm C/w chomol Crank, 35.5x39 SP heads, turbo. Wierd combo, hopeful torque monsta!
MemberX-I-TED
Commited Dubber

Threads: 5

Mood: good

posted on August 6th, 2008 at 08:32 AM

whats goin on ere :cool:

are the thousands n thousands of splits really rare???
Memberfoxy_fuchsia
Insano Dub Head

No Avatar

Threads: 110

posted on August 6th, 2008 at 12:14 PM

Chris! When's your baja gonna be finished so we can roadtrip it to a beach somewhere with a few friends, some smirnoffs and a tent?! lol :starhit:
Memberbajachris88
23 Windows of Awesome

posted on August 6th, 2008 at 04:44 PM

Man! this is really old skool.

Hey Joh, this actually is not my current baja. My current one is a 1969' beetle, this was my old 1967. I bought the 69' as a standard bug that i am building up as a baja. the body kit has been fitted.

To end the story to this thread... its quite unfortunate, but the car was sent to the metal recyclers. I bought it off a man called Bernie, who used to be known as Karmen off the avd forum. And i'm gonna finally let it out in public. Bernie ripped me off.

I payed $750 for the baja, said it had only a little bit of rust, slight funny noise in the engine, and a bent tie rod... I bought it sight unseen, and trusted in the hope of his own good will. (Especially for a really religious Christian dude, u would figure u could trust him!) Was told to sand back, a little bog, play with the motor, and fit a battery, and i would be set. Was told it came with torana leather hi back seats, gearbox strap etc, didnt need much for rwc (apparently) and was all good to go.

WELL!!!

The rear forks of the chassis, where what caused the funny engine noise... the flywheel of the motor was half grinded out, supa split up swing axle boots with sand in it, the right rear fork was not only bent, BUT CRACKED OPEN so that it was hanging off and the gearbox/engine was only supported by one side..., so the so called little rust to repair involved welding in a new bottom windscreen section and A pillar, and the motor had oil all ova it like it blew a a heap of seals...

The supposed gearbox strap was nuffin but a bit of chain tied around! and i wouldn't have got the baja rwc'ed easily cause it was not certified, and the torana leather seats (which were cracked and dead) where welded onto the seat mounts and therefore would need engineering plates and crud. (rather than just a cheap blue plate)

It was a total wreck. Lost all my $750. all i have left of it is the hollow tube that covers the steering column, makes a good breaker bar. All the other spares that came from that car were just either damaged, weathered, aged or not working. absolute pile of rubbish.

This was quite a sad story. This was my first vee dub, and was suppose to be my first car. An old man took advantage of the keen 16 yr old child i was. absolute bastard.

(ô_!_/ô) (ô_!_/ô)
69' baja: kombi box, thing spindles, irs, disc front, type 3 rear drums, 2 inch lift kit, 31x10 rears. :tu:
New engine in process: 94mm p&bs, 74mm C/w chomol Crank, 35.5x39 SP heads, turbo. Wierd combo, hopeful torque monsta!
Memberbajachris88
23 Windows of Awesome

posted on August 7th, 2008 at 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by foxy_fuchsia
Chris! When's your baja gonna be finished so we can roadtrip it to a beach somewhere with a few friends, some smirnoffs and a tent?! lol :starhit:

i don't need a finished baja to get up to that though Miss. Joh :lol:

(ô_!_/ô) (ô_!_/ô)
 Pages:  1  2  3

Go To Top