Board Logo
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
[ Total Views: 3886 | Total Replies: 76 | Thread Id: 66503 ]
 Pages:  1  2  3
Author: Subject:  Help needed.....We are desperate.
MemberMidlife crisis
Veteran Volks Folk
Nartispuddlejumper, Bureau of Toxicity

Threads: 160

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: Wornout and Toxic

posted on December 11th, 2007 at 10:18 PM

Yes Chris it is the nutter who yelled at the guy building the garage in the yard a few houses away on the other side of his house.

We never started any work before 8am on a Saturday even then no power tools or noise until after 9am and Sundays were always after 10am and we were always finished and packed up by 3pm. It was not every weekend and very rarely would it be both days.

If he had come and spoken to us about it we would have stopped all work until the shed was built and we would have sound proofed it aswell.
I have spoken to our other neighbours before this happen (re building the shed) and they both have said that noise is not bad and not often enough to cause any trouble.

Marc & Kathy

If you can't laugh at yourself you can't laugh at anyone else! Because life is to short not to LAUGH
MemberDubCrazy
A.k.a.: steff
Custom Title Time!

Threads: 145

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue
Mood: painting anything in front of me

posted on December 11th, 2007 at 10:26 PM

what a tosspot!@! sorry to hear some moron is causeing u probs mark, i would off help but i dont think u want to come all the way to gladstone to work on your car!..
hope u find something soon and can get on with your rides.

Fingers crossed i will have the green one finished for dubs by the pub so hope to catch up with u then mate..

steff......................

Life with out a v-dub is no life at all!!!!!
Member$2.63 homebrand baja

Threads: 0

Mood: vigorously apathetic

posted on December 11th, 2007 at 11:47 PM

Once the cars are gone, perhaps you should consider an alternative hobby, such as chicken farming, or the bagpipes (fun for the WHOLE family, who knows you may be able to bulk buy units, one for each family member and a six pack for your guests to share this Xmas), maybe accordian music or polka culture including live band prcatice and ongoing dancing training.....................:ninja:
MemberMidlife crisis
Veteran Volks Folk

posted on December 12th, 2007 at 07:20 AM

thanks everyone for your support.
Hopefully I will get the letter from the Council outlining their problem then we can sort this out.

Heather

Thats a great idea, I think between that and the Hell's Angles over every weekend should sort him out.

Marc & Kathy

If you can't laugh at yourself you can't laugh at anyone else! Because life is to short not to LAUGH
MemberMidlife crisis
Veteran Volks Folk

posted on December 12th, 2007 at 07:33 AM

Steff
Thanks for the offer I know I love driving my BAJA and Gladstone is a nice drive but as you said a bit far.

Hows the Buggy going having lots of fun???????

Marc

MemberMidlife crisis
Veteran Volks Folk

posted on December 12th, 2007 at 07:43 AM

Very shortly there will a come and get what you want for free here soon, type3 and some beetle stuff.

Once we sort out the council and go through what they will let me keep as spares for the Fastie and Baja we Will put a post up with times and dates and photo's of what we have.

Like most people who drive 30-40plus year old cars when hard to get parts come up for sale you grab for when you will need them.

Thanks

Marc & Kathy

MemberMidlife crisis
Veteran Volks Folk

posted on December 12th, 2007 at 04:40 PM

Well the postie has been and gone still no letter from the Council saying what we are doing wrong and what they want done,
I have it verbly from the inspector but nothing in writing yet.

Marc & Kathy

Memberpenguin
A.k.a.: Chris
Bishop of Volkswagenism
ackkkkkk thhhhhpt!

Threads: 109

Mood: Very tired, 3 little girls tired......

posted on December 12th, 2007 at 06:46 PM

May take a few days before they type it up and dispatch.
Damn, so I take it I get to keep the notch?, oh well, I can always strip it and hold parts for folk when they need/ask, but I think that the shell may have to go due to space.
I can hold a few other bits for you, but not too much yet as I haven't finished my shed either

'Ah, whatever................'
Memberbajachris88
A.k.a.: Chris Leete
23 Windows of Awesome
The international telephone dialing code for Antarctica is 672.

Threads: 534

Mood: A bee bit ma' bottom, now ma' bottom's big!

posted on December 12th, 2007 at 07:07 PM

hmm now its just a matter of sitting and hoping for a red letter day...

goodluck guys. Funny enough though, it must just be the time of yr or sumfin, but the council, Specifically the brisbane city one has been bugging me... last sunday was the first time i got my first parking ticket. I made sure for the blood suckin mungrels that i was in a street, that right in front of me had a sign 2P 7am - 7pm mon-fri, but i got a ticket!!! a bloody ticket!

When i rang up, they told me i was parked too close within the vacinity of Suncorp stadium and the max time during an event there i can park is 15 mins. 'Apparently' i was suppose to read the message on some flashing signs (while concentrating on city peak hour w/e traffic.)

Feel like going to the councils lawn and burning out $50 worth...

(ô_!_/ô) (ô_!_/ô)
69' baja: kombi box, thing spindles, irs, disc front, type 3 rear drums, 2 inch lift kit, 31x10 rears. :tu:
New engine in process: 94mm p&bs, 74mm C/w chomol Crank, 35.5x39 SP heads, turbo. Wierd combo, hopeful torque monsta!
MemberMidlife crisis
Veteran Volks Folk

posted on December 13th, 2007 at 05:45 AM

Hey Chris sorry I can't take it but Tazz is looking of a notch spoke to him on Tuesday if you want to send him a PM.

Sorry to hear you got a ticket, The police tell you to drive carefully and watch the road and traffic and the council tell you to read pretty flashing signs about parking!!!! You can't win.

At least I got some good news yesterday I got the all clear for another 6 months from the hospital, thats the 2nd lot of 6 months in a row yaahoooooooo

Marc & Kathy

Memberratty 63
A.k.a.: Rossco
Custom Title Time!

Threads: 74

Mood: Just cured my shed envy! :D

posted on December 13th, 2007 at 10:54 AM

Hey Marc and Kathy,

I can't believe it - you are having trouble with your council too - they must be trying to make it look like they are actually doing something by following up pointless and unfounded complaints. Both my brother and I have had warnings from the Gold Coast City Council during the past couple of months (me: noise warning after spending 1.5 hours with a grinder over two weekends and Dave: problems with a neighbour complaining about his dog barking).

Make sure that you log any abuse that you get from your complaining neighbour (on video would be best) and in that way you should be able to prove that any future complaints and being made from an 'unstable' local resident.

If there is anything that I can do to help, please let me know - unfortunatly the storage space at my current house is limited, but perhaps I can be of more help early next year when we move into our new (bigger) house - read: bigger car storage space and better workshop area :)

Best of luck

R :)

40hp, 6V and ...er... slowly making improvements :lol:

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!

Founding member of the Gold Coast Dub Club Inc. :)
MemberMidlife crisis
Veteran Volks Folk

posted on December 13th, 2007 at 01:10 PM

Howdy Ross

How are Michelle and Stephen oh better not forget your other babies hope you all are well. Glad to hear that you are getting a bigger place.

yes neighbours can be a pain!! Dave has had the trouble about the dog for a while now, I can't understand the neighbour because when I have being around to Dave's place when he was not home and went under the stairs to gets some guards he was fine .

Some people have nothing better to do with there day than complain, it's sad that they have no life and can't find something to keep them happy! oh like a hobby!!!!!!
The postie just came and went today still no letter from the council.

I am waiting for the council to turn up today has I have wipper snipper and mowed the front yard so I must have made to much noise!!!

Marc & kathy

Memberratty 63
Custom Title Time!

posted on December 13th, 2007 at 03:19 PM

Oh careful - mowing the lawn will cause another complaint... oh hang on - it's not automotive related so it probably will go unnoticed.

... thats the funny thing about Daves dog - it doesn't make any noise. I think I have only heard it bark once in the whole time Dave has had it, and it sounded more like a low growl to me - I doubt that you could have heard it next door , let alone from where the complainant lives on the other side of the block! Just one of my two dogs would make more noise in an hour than Daves dog would in a month - thankfully I haven't had any problems yet. Some people have nothing better to do than cause trouble.

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for the council - they are not asking for money (yet) so your letter will probably take weeks/months... if it comes at all. Sure, tidy up, but I wouldn't do anything major until you see their complaint/demands in writing....

Keep us up do date - I will be watching to see how this works out....

R :)

MemberBrad
Wolfsburg Elder

No Avatar

Threads: 332

Mood: Manx Buggy Building

posted on December 13th, 2007 at 04:25 PM

Just kick back and wait.. when you get it make sure you keep the envelope so you have a post mark not the date the letter was signed... they are tricky buggers then council guys ... but it is only a job to them and it is a passion to you so stick with it.

Rear the law you posted... youare not commercial or setting up an automotive business.

Don't forget when they write, you write, when they ring you tell them ya busy, get their name and number and ring them back, but wait a few days... String it out that way you get max value from pissing your neighbour off as he will be watching...

Brad
Why copy when you can own an original ?
Meyers Manx Australia
Memberaussiebaja
Insano Dub Head

Threads: 98

Mood: happy

posted on December 13th, 2007 at 04:39 PM

you should sneak over on his front lawn late one night with some roundup in a bottle and write a few nice words in his lawn :ninja::ninja::ninja:

BETTER TO BE THOUGHT A FOOL THAN TO OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT:puke
MemberMidlife crisis
Veteran Volks Folk

posted on December 13th, 2007 at 04:57 PM

Howdy

yeah sure is strange about that bloke and Daves dog.

Good idea Brad I never thought of keeping the envelope it came in as proof of date thanks and yes they are very tricky little buggers.

As much as i would like to do something like that I think it only makes things a lot worse let him make silly complaints and when he is found out to be wrong sooner or later the will see him as a trouble maker

Marc & Kathy

Super ModeratorYogie
Super Moderator

Rank Avatar

Threads: 108

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue

posted on December 14th, 2007 at 08:23 AM

Hi Marc,
From reading the email response, the council is saying you are operating a business. As this is a hobby, they would have a very hard time proving it and proveing it is something they would have to do in court.

I would string it out as long as possible as suggested earlier but also stick to the point that this is NOT a business (not for profit or otherwise).

Good luck

Yogie
Memberkoolkarmakombi
Veteran Volks Folk
enkarmarising

Threads: 158

Mood: do you see the bats?

posted on December 14th, 2007 at 08:55 AM

Wait until the wind is the right way and said neighbour is having visitors and chicken manure your lawn.....

This disclaimer does not reflect the thoughts or opinions of either myself, my company, my friends, or my dog: don't quote me on that; don't quote me on anything; this disclaimer is subject to change without notice; text is slightly enlarged to show detail; resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is unintentional and coincidental; dry clean only; do not bend, fold, or mutilate; anchovies or jalapenos added to this disclaimer upon request; your mileage may vary; no substitutions are allowed; for a limited time only while supplies last; offer void where prohibited; this disclaimer is provided "as is" without any warranties expressed or implied
Memberratty 63
Custom Title Time!

posted on December 14th, 2007 at 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by koolkarmakombi
Wait until the wind is the right way and said neighbour is having visitors and chicken manure your lawn.....

:lol:

MemberMidlife crisis
Veteran Volks Folk

posted on December 14th, 2007 at 11:26 AM

LOL:lol:

Memberpenguin
A.k.a.: Chris
Bishop of Volkswagenism
ackkkkkk thhhhhpt!

Threads: 109

Mood: Very tired, 3 little girls tired......

posted on December 16th, 2007 at 01:22 PM

No worries Marc,
shall contact Tazz and see what we can do.
Good luck with the second 6 months free of signs etc, am into same time period myself so can (in a small way) appreciate your feelings of relief etc:)
Hope this all works out (even if we do have to get you a few bags of Chook poo and organise a small working bee (on a rostered basis and 30min call out)

'Ah, whatever................'
MemberCraig Torrens
A.k.a.: Craig Torrens
Scirocco Rare
6 times Australian, 7 times State Hillclimb Class Champion

Threads: 347

Mood: Time to go Salt lake racing, and actually achieve a result.

posted on December 16th, 2007 at 03:42 PM

from what I'm reading on here, the council can do bugger all to you.

Keep doing what you want :tu:...................I do at my house:cool:

Memberhugabug
Casual Dubber

Threads: 13

Mood: Love to Learn about VW`s

posted on December 16th, 2007 at 04:19 PM

hi guys
well this little rubber ducky found out more and i do not think the tenants well be there much longer marc and kathy NO ONE KILLS MARC`S DREAMS AND GETS AWAY WITH IT (i am the only one that can kill your gutter dreams and get away with it)lol

hmmm silly neighbours should have not up set marcy poo
Memberhugabug
Casual Dubber

Threads: 13

Mood: Love to Learn about VW`s

posted on December 16th, 2007 at 04:20 PM

BUILD IT THEY WILL COME FROM FAR AND WIDE
MemberMidlife crisis
Veteran Volks Folk

posted on December 20th, 2007 at 06:10 PM

Well, the letter arrived and we have three things to do.....
According to the rules we can only keep two unregistered vehicles plus all our registered ones (they can't touch them).....Have organised for the owners to remove the extra's, so am complying with that one. :tu:

As you probably saw above we will be holding a 'come and get some bits' week early in the new year. We have spoken to the council and we can keep a few bits and pieces for our registered cars, but thats it. Technically, I suppose it is time for a clean out as we do have bits that will no longer fit the cars we own, so we will be complying with that one. :tu:

Luckily our daughter has a garden shed that has all of two boxes in it, so can stack it to the ceiling with bits that we want to keep as well as keeping a small amount here, which is apparently okay to do.:yes:

The final thing is that there is to be nothing more than glovebox handbook maintenance (you know the book that came with the car when it was new). We have spoken to the Ombudsmans office who were very good, and they have given us some things to do regarding this section of the letter. It has been explained that the car is driven off road and is no longer the same car as the handbook talks about and needs to have regular work, more that the handbook says, so now we will do as told by the ombudsman and see how it goes. :crazy:

Will let you all know when and where to come and take parts and stuff away. Will probably post some photos once we have taken the stuff out from under the house and sorted it.

Oh .......and we are putting up the shed, booked the dates today.................

MemberMickH
A.k.a.: Michael Hutchinson
Bishop of Volkswagenism
Hairy Gutted Sloth

Threads: 29

Mood: Grow a brain...walls don't hit back...

posted on December 20th, 2007 at 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Midlife crisis
...........The final thing is that there is to be nothing more than glovebox handbook maintenance ................. :crazy:

Buy an idiots guide and put it in the glovebox.That should cover you for everything!!!:lol::lol:

tssnq.com.au
Membershaihulud
Custom Title Time!

No Avatar

Threads: 197

posted on December 21st, 2007 at 07:58 AM

That's good news.

On a lighter side. A while back one of my neighbour's houses used to rumble and thump for hours on end, starting at 8 a.m. and ending at midnight every day for days on end. I contacted the council and they could do little about it. They are a paper tiger over noise as you have to keep a diary etc. Eventually the police sorted him out.
He worked out who it was and dobbed me in over my shed being built too close to the bounday fence.
One day a couple of council rangers visited me and I showed them the approved plans. They then said that they were there to get out of the office for a while as they had checked their records and knew that my shed is legitimate.
I agree with Mick. Put a full service manual in every car's glovebox.
MemberBrad
Wolfsburg Elder

No Avatar

Threads: 332

Mood: Manx Buggy Building

posted on December 21st, 2007 at 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Midlife crisis
According to the rules we can only keep two unregistered vehicles plus all our registered ones (they can't touch them)

The final thing is that there is to be nothing more than glovebox handbook maintenance (you know the book that came with the car when it was new).

The letter actually says that ? in writting ? If so I would go off my dial... who are they to say what I can and can't keep on my own land ??

I have over 80 unregistered Volkswagens in my yard and in all my years of fighting with council no one has ever mentioned a number of vehicles allowed, only that they can't be unsightly.

I am amazed they would write something like that as it would be so easy to have it over turned in court. From a legal point of view it really is a stupid thing to say, even if it is in the council bylaws.

Anyway I would be going after them on it, just for fun.

Good luck with it.

Cheers,

Brad
Why copy when you can own an original ?
Meyers Manx Australia
MemberMidlife crisis
Veteran Volks Folk

posted on December 21st, 2007 at 09:57 AM

Okay....let me just say it is an "Show Cause Notice", was easier to type letter.

The section regarding unrego'd cars is as follows quoted from the Notice,

"A defined Industrial use namely a "Car Depot", in that up to five (5) unregistered motor vehicles are stored on the premises"

Their Remedy

"Cease to store, anymore than two (2) unregistered motor vehicles".

When I spoke to the Officer I asked for a copy of the regulations regarding the area referred to in the notices, Hopefully we will get the regulations soon to clear up some of the smoke regarding what they can and cannot do.

The next section is

"A defined Industrial use namely a "Salvage Yard", in that car parts, panels, car bodies, tyres, wheels etc are stored on the premises.

Their remedy,

"Cease the use of the premises for a salvage yard by removing the car parts, panels, car bodies, tyres, wheels etc and do not recommence this use."

The third part is to do with fixing your car. After discussions with the officer this morning we informed her that we were going to comply with the parts and cars, we were told they would inspect when it was all done and if it passed the file would be closed.

Thanks everyone for your interest and comments......it sucks that we will be giving away the bits that we have gathered over the years, but as long as it all goes to a good home and not the scrap merchant, we will be happy.

Marc and Kathy

MemberBiX
Veteran Volks Folk

Threads: 154

posted on December 21st, 2007 at 10:18 AM

From the limited quotes above (will have to see the whole document as there will be allot more info) but i would say as long as you don't have more than 4 unregistered vehicles, they should be fine. Also if you make them unsighlty eg in the bakc yard not able to be seen from the street and under tarps in a orderly line they should not have any complaints.

Second point, i would say have to read more of the regulations, but the quote seems valid

Third issue, i think your on the right track, your cars are 30+ years old and you do all the maintanence on them.... use a haynes manual etc....

I have no sympathy for my car, only the wallet that pays for it!
Go hard or go home!!!!
 Pages:  1  2  3

Go To Top