Board Logo
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
[ Total Views: 1403 | Total Replies: 2 | Thread Id: 81575 ]
Author: Subject:  Questions about Subaru Swap.
MemberZoink
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 1

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on January 24th, 2010 at 11:01 AM
Questions about Subaru Swap.

Hey guys.
So I have a 68 swingaxle bug and my dream is to drop/lift a subaru engine into it. From what i've read a 2.2 SOHC is the best fit. (Correct me if im wrong.)
Will this engine (Or any engine) be able to fit under the hood with very minimal cutting to the bay?
Is it realistic to think about converting over to IRS? (Once again i've read that IRS is much easier to deal with.)
Can good heat be achieved with a subaru?

Thanks a bunch for any answers/advice you can give.
Memberian.mezz
Wolfsburg Elder
I never said, I could write or spell

Threads: 280

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: Happy

posted on January 24th, 2010 at 03:43 PM

well why worry about minimal cutting to the bay.
After all your going to have a great big hole in the front of your vw for the radiator.
I didn't waste time on going the nanny 2.2 subaru, I believe if your going to Mod your vw you ll miles go Turbo:lol::lol::lol:

this is heads up racing and the two beetles have wrx motors and stock VW gearbox, the brown & orange coloured one is a 1300 swing axle.with 215HP going through it.:crazy:
Green & white is a super
click on link below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqULaUZR_tI 

ps Young Joel will tell you different:lol::no::lol:

:lol::crazy::lol::crazy::lol:
car forums. where a lot of peoples good intentions end up taking a good old car off the road forever never ever to see the road again. :fakesniff:
MemberJoel
Scirocco Rare
Now containing 100% E-Wang

Threads: 211

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Purple
Mood: Tact Level 0.00

posted on January 24th, 2010 at 06:15 PM

bah dont listen to him, he's got a turbo and still drives like an old women :lol:

All the SOHC motors except EJ25 will fit with no cutting to the body, only a bit of trimming to the valance where the seal channel is

see my thread for exactly what, although ive since cut right out the seal section when i repainted my engine bay for a cleaner look

an IRS conversion is a pretty huge undertaking,
if your going a DOHC motor then u need to move the gearbox forward to keep it under the bodywork which can only be done with IRS but if your happy enough with your swing axle now and your going for a SOHC engine why go through all the hassel of pulling the body off,
that will only show up more work which needs doing

Go To Top