Board Logo
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
[ Total Views: 1644 | Total Replies: 1 | Thread Id: 88264 ]
Author: Subject:  soundproofing. anyone used epdm rubber? spray on just crap?
Memberbajachris88
A.k.a.: Chris Leete
23 Windows of Awesome
The international telephone dialing code for Antarctica is 672.

Threads: 534

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: A bee bit ma' bottom, now ma' bottom's big!

question.gif posted on January 22nd, 2011 at 11:13 AM
soundproofing. anyone used epdm rubber? spray on just crap?

Just soundproofing before fittin roofliner.

Stuff at autobarn like dynamat is pretty exy, but on ebay one seller has epdm rubber soundproofing for auto applications with sticky backing.

has anyone used epdm rubber? wikipedia gave it a good rap for overall vibration absorption. but do i have to cover the entire surface in the stuff? Or can i just cover a fraction of the surface just like dynamat?

does anyone have any other more affordable solutions? spray on sound deadener was an idea, but it doesn't feel right. is it less effective?

At the moment the cannon exhaust is just screaming and will eventually be annoying inside (at the moment its friggen awesome :) ), and with no a/c, i want it to be insulated as best as possible.

thanks,
Chris.

(ô_!_/ô) (ô_!_/ô)
69' baja: kombi box, thing spindles, irs, disc front, type 3 rear drums, 2 inch lift kit, 31x10 rears. :tu:
New engine in process: 94mm p&bs, 74mm C/w chomol Crank, 35.5x39 SP heads, turbo. Wierd combo, hopeful torque monsta!
MemberSnap Crackle Bang
Seriously Crusin Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 9

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on January 22nd, 2011 at 08:02 PM

With soundproofing it is all about mass. If the EPDM rubber has a reasonable amount of weight to i and is firmly attached to the roof metal , then it will do a reasonable job of dampening the noise.
Spray-on materials are typically too light to be very effective.
In my work we often do acoustic work for plant rooms. Typically we try to treat 80% of the surface area, so we pick the easiest 80%.

Cheers

Go To Top