[ Total Views: 8862 | Total Replies: 36 | Thread Id: 97878 ]
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject:  Why buy Dynamat?
MemberMr Bubble Head
Insano Dub Head

Threads: 107

Theme: UltimaBB Powder

posted on July 19th, 2012 at 09:13 PM

I've just done the rear quarter panels and doors of the Oval with one sheet of the 3M sound deadner which I brought from 'The Body Shop" paint suppliers. It worked out to be $38 and has done the trick really well.

All I wanted is to stop the drumming noise caused by road noise not cover every inch of panel. I cleaned then heated the door and the mat then peeled off the adhiesive backing paper and applied with a small rubber roller.

Even using just one piece approx 1200 x 900 the weight is very heavy I'm happy with using the standard tar mats then rubber mats on the floor and my trimmer used some trimmers wading behind the rear seat engine fire wall before laying down the carpet.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c209/MrBubbleHead/56%20interior/56interiorfitting004.jpg

recycle, restore, enjoy
Memberpsimitar
Son of Jim - Creator of Good

Threads: 148

Theme: UltimaBB Psyche Blue

posted on July 19th, 2012 at 11:25 PM

The RAAMmat is looking pretty good after reading a fair few articles and forums. Funny also, that a guy that used to work for Dynamat only used it whilst he worked there due to an 85% employee discount. He said the stuff was WAY over priced otherwise and just as good as most other good names.

As for covering every square inch. Nope, not necessary. Flat panels need at most 50% coverage but really 25% should do the trick. Floorpans it's a good idea to do the majority of the panel to deaden the low frequency of road noise. contoured panels inheritantly have less vibration due to their structure.

Anyhow, easiest thing is to pop in 25% coverage and if you think it ain't enough pop some more in but remember people that this stuff deadens panel vibration and does little to absorb noise. For this you need closed cell foam or a correctly formulated carpet felt but closed cell foam is generally better. ;)

madness is in the eye of the beholder :yes:
Membervlad01
Compulsive Aussie Vee Dubber

Threads: 109

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: Side ways

posted on July 21st, 2012 at 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Bubble Head
I've just done the rear quarter panels and doors of the Oval with one sheet of the 3M sound deadner which I brought from 'The Body Shop" paint suppliers. It worked out to be $38 and has done the trick really well.

All I wanted is to stop the drumming noise caused by road noise not cover every inch of panel. I cleaned then heated the door and the mat then peeled off the adhiesive backing paper and applied with a small rubber roller.

Even using just one piece approx 1200 x 900 the weight is very heavy I'm happy with using the standard tar mats then rubber mats on the floor and my trimmer used some trimmers wading behind the rear seat engine fire wall before laying down the carpet.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c209/MrBubbleHead/56%20interior/56interiorfitting004.jpg

is that the one in the pic? its black yeah?

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af278/vladk01/notch04.png
71 notchback,
Past owner of, 70 NB, 73 SB and 72 FB TLE
MemberLucky Phil
Wolfsburg Wizard

No Avatar

Threads: 16

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: I'm a legend in my own lunchtime!

posted on July 22nd, 2012 at 03:25 PM

My research was limited to asking around and quizzing a few people who use it.
They all said they would rather pay the extra for Dynamat.
The RAAMmat seems okay though.
Member68AutoBug
A.k.a.: Lee Noonan
Aircooled Master
Beetle Restorer - Experience over 138% - YIKES --

Threads: 449

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Yellow
Mood: Really Mentally Ill - all of the time -

posted on July 22nd, 2012 at 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Bubble Head

WOW that is one very nice interior... EXCELLENT...

LEE

that's what I don't like is the weight...

LEE

- [size=4]Helping keep Air Cooled VWs on the road - location: SCONE in the Upper Hunter Valley - Northern NSW 320 kms NNW of SYDNEY--- [/size]
Memberpsimitar

posted on July 22nd, 2012 at 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajachris88
Quote:
Originally posted by psimitar
Next is to get rid of Gillard and Abbott :D

I believe in you :tu: :lol:

Cheers Chris :D

Guarantee I'd do a better job and talk straight with no need to bad mouth the opposition cos my actions spoke louder than their words :)

Memberpsimitar

posted on July 22nd, 2012 at 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky Phil
My research was limited to asking around and quizzing a few people who use it.
They all said they would rather pay the extra for Dynamat.
The RAAMmat seems okay though.

Until recent years there has been little choice in Oz and the yanks got in early with their named brand. As already said Dynamat works just fine but for the price it lives off it's popularity and isn't worth what you pay for it.

So long as you're happy then I'm glad you like the effects of Dynamat. For others out there and especially these days it pays to shop around ;)

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top