Aussieveedubbers · General Chit Chat

Yes or No

https://forums.aussieveedubbers.com/threads/53288/yes-or-no

cruising 69 ·

Had a phone call from a bloke who wants the kombi for 5k but stripping it for parts.

Yes or No?

bajachris88 ·

no.

If its a good car, then it needs to keep alive.

well, thats what i think

PrettyBlueBug ·

Oh, how sad for him to want to do that to such a nice Kombi!

I'd say no, but depends how badly you need the $$. 🥲

Bizarre ·

Depends how much you need the $$$$

If you are selling cause you NEED the $$$... take it. Its a good kombi but people just aint shelling out.

If you are selling for topping up the bank account i would hold out

cruising 69 ·

I need the cash now!!!! But I am not willing to sell it for parts... I am going to hold off till Friday night,. if no one wants it I might consideret. I am going overseas in 2 weeks and don't want to leave it outside.

Wild1 ·

hmm.. definitely consider it, although it would be a shame to see it stripped
i'm trying to speed things up as much as i can
my dad's agreed to give me 'bridging finance' but he wants to send someone to inpect it, but he knows someone in sydney.. going to try to make things happen as quickly as i can

pete wood ·

no no no no no!!!!! :cry

just wait. Have you put it in the trading post yet?

cruising 69 ·

Mate I have advertised it everywhere. I advertised here 1st but got bagged out about the price!!! Then trading post 1 phone call, Carsguide 2 phone calls, Ebay 10 emails no bids.

If the people really took the time to ome have a look they would believe what I have done to it.
I have nearly every recept for this van. What has been done and cost.$$

bus914 ·

are you sure he's gonna wreck a 5k dollar car?

cruising 69 ·

Yes!!! H e told me what he wants to do!!! very sad.

Matt Ryan ·

If he's spending 5k on parts, i wonder what his project is like????
Sounds like IT should be the donor.

Matt.

pete wood ·

look, eventually you will get what it's worth. people are paying lots for thrashed campers. if you have to put it into storage while you go OS then do so, but don't sell it to a butcher, you'll never forgive yourself and you'll be throwing away good money. Besides, then when you get home, you can cruise in style straight away. 👍

cruising 69 ·

Need the Money.... Don't want to Cruise in style... What I have on it know is to good for this price....

fekkinell ·

I'd have to say no aswell... If i had the $5k id buy it temporarily, just so it didn't go to someone who was only gonna destroy it 🙁

h ·

i go the no as well.. easy for me to say but then i wish you were in brisbane i would def. come round for a look see, trouble is i have no place to keep it undercover only the street out front.. not a good place for a nice lookin bus.. good luck.. 🙁

Wild1 ·

hey, can i come up and inspect it.. as i said in the email, if me & dad can have a look at it and all goes well, i'm happy to give you $7k for it

glider69 ·

take the $5000.00 and go on your trip

squizy ·

Hold out. It took me over 9 months to sell my Cabriolet. Painful, I know - but your Kombi is worth more than $5k.

jeremy ·

How many members here, we could all chip in a few $'s and it could be AVD car.

Group ownership, a car for the people.

pete wood ·

Wild1 wrote:hey, can i come up and inspect it.. as i said in the email, if me & dad can have a look at it and all goes well, i'm happy to give you $7k for it
that is a real offer. take that one. :thumb

Seems to me what we need here is a sister forum. I think I have a name for it too...

www.cashedupsoon2Baussieveedubbers.com

What do you reckon? 😁

waltermitty ·

If you will sell for $5K to strip does that mean you would sell for $5 K not to strip?
Ihave a mate that i recon i could talk into it, he has $5K budget tops.
I realise this is a beautiful bus and a bargin at that price but better driven than stripped.
Let me know and ill work on him
Mitchell

Proud_Dad ·

Looks to me like Wild1 is pretty keen to buy!
Good luck with it both of you. Hope you buy/sell it.
I wouldnt sell for parts

weapon ·

for my part i think it would be a shame to sell to someone who planned to strip it, but i also understand you are keen to sell. i dont really understand why she hasnt sold as someone else said rugged poptops seem to go for at least 3k. with the little i know about kombis and only from the pictures ive seen yours is worth much more than that. in short i reckon hold off if you can dont sell to butcher, i reckon wild1 will buy it.rob.