Im after a running or almost running 1300 beetle engine for a project car. Im after stock, will be able to start without too much trouble... and it dont have to be pretty!
Thnx
esevwbits ·
have a good 1200 runing... $200! Peter 0405905980
complete motor
rivmasta ·
Hey mate, where r u at?
esevwbits ·
Sydney Airport
rivmasta ·
Thanks mate, I'll see if something pops up a bit closer to home in the next week or so as it would take me an hour + to get there!
rivmasta ·
Hey all, any 1500 or 1600 engines running (or near running) going cheap in western syd? Just getting it running for now, will get a decent engine when there is more budget! 🙂
esevwbits ·
hi riv, can have a 1600tp, fully reco'd, turnkey, complete to extractor exaust system.. $2300.00 delivered 😉
0432490905
kempos ·
Hi,
I've got a 1300 you'd be welcome to check out (Wollongong). Took it out of a 61 bug. Turns over by hand, don't know much more than that :-/
Lance
0414619344
grumble ·
I have a good 1600 in Taree which is not quite as close as Sydney airport.😵💫
rivmasta ·
hi all:
ezevwbits - bit too much for my current budget... thanks tho.
kempos & grumble - bit too far for me to venture atm, although the drive to Taree is nice. haha.
Paulc1964au ·
How long are you willing to wait, I am replacing my 1600 twin port sometime after Xmas
rivmasta ·
hey mate - I'd be willing to wait if the price is right! haha.
Paulc1964au ·
make me an offer 🙂
rivmasta ·
I dunno? Whats fair for a 1600TP? Does it smoke/leak/cough/fart? Sorry, not trying to be obtuse, just learning the VW world!
Paulc1964au ·
none of the above its a pretty good motor i am just upgrading to a larger engine.
Maybe someone else can make comment but i'd be looking at around $500 to cover purchase of tinware, alternator and a few other bits i could use off the existing motor
rivmasta ·
$500 sounds good to me for a running engine. 🙂 Count me in. I'll PM you my mobile - as long as its available before mid February its all good! 🙂
benny_acko ·
If this doesnt go through let me know Paul...I'll be in the hunt around then!
Paulc1964au ·
rivmasta wrote:$500 sounds good to me for a running engine. 🙂 Count me in. I'll PM you my mobile - as long as its available before mid February its all good! 🙂
Thats the problem i am still buying parts and havent engaged a builder yet so i am looking around May at this stage?
rivmasta ·
probably a bit long to wait, im hoping to have one in by early march. no dramas, keep me in mind when the time comes for you to sell, you never know!