Board Logo

World war vw revenue stamp ???
nath - July 9th, 2013 at 07:55 PM

Hey just wondering if anyone knows how much this is worth thanks heaps :) :(

Phil74Camper - July 10th, 2013 at 07:40 AM

Do you mean the KdF savings stamps? They were actually pre-war.

Never seen one in real life but there are apparently lots for sale on the internet. Many of them forgeries.

http://www.stampcommunity.org/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=31079 

lou0060 - July 10th, 2013 at 10:32 PM

I bought some back in the late 90's just when ebay started up. back then you could get some great vintage vw stuff at great prices without the constant VW keyrings, disc brake rotors etc etc popping up every second page! not too many forgeries around then either!

stamps seem to be readily available but what is hard to find is the booklet they go in. And 99% of those you see now a days are repros.

I can't remember what I paid but they weren't that dear as vw collecting was probably in its infancy in terms of global "swapping" Ebay changed all this obviously and made the collecting world much smaller and actually drove price up as more and more people found out about ebay.

68AutoBug - July 10th, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Hi
I've seen them about on ebay and they aren't worth much
but whether they were all originals or just that they printed millions of them???

as original German stamps at the end of the war were all overprinted with millions of Marks as the German money wasn't worth anything...

and those stamps were worth nothing when I was a kid.. lol

don't know about now..lol but as stamps not worth much unless You had like a complete sheet of unused ones..??

LEE

bajachris88 - July 11th, 2013 at 08:01 AM

I wonder if you could find an original 'filled' booklet, then take it to a VW dealer today to claim for car for shiz and giggles :tu: