Board Logo

The Entabulator
Matt Ryan - July 10th, 2013 at 10:24 AM

My brother sent me this the other day.

It's important to read the backstory before watching the video.

Quote:

The Entabulator

This is how you need to look and sound when you're talking way over your head. How this guy manages to keep a straight face is beyond me. I was waiting for him to start cracking up, but it sounds so reasonable. Many years ago, Rockwell International decided to get into the heavy duty automatic transmission business. They were preparing to tape their first introductory video and, as a warm-up, one of the crew began a monologue that has become legend within the training industry. This man should have won an academy award for his performance. Now keep in mind, this was a rehearsal for camera, lighting, and stage crew, and he had no script! This is all strictly off the cuff, nothing is written down, and NOTHING he says is TRUE. It's just meaningless drivel made up as he goes along. I am told this video is still utilized as a training aid for politicians, lawyers, and spin doctors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIS5n9Oyzsc

Regards,

Matt.

68BUS - July 10th, 2013 at 01:17 PM

I want one now.

benny_acko - July 10th, 2013 at 02:12 PM

Im sold

vw54 - July 10th, 2013 at 04:16 PM

an oldie but still extreamly good

TOPCAT69 - July 10th, 2013 at 04:41 PM

A whosie what ?????
:crazy:

Sides - July 10th, 2013 at 05:05 PM

It's an awesome piece of acting/training to be sure, but the backstory isn't quite right.... there's defnitely a Turboencabulator script !!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turboencabulator 

Almost as good as the Lego Death Star Canteen around here...

;)

Matt Ryan - July 10th, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Thanks Dave,

The true origin is a good read. These type of things often splinter into several urban myths based on an original truth.

Regards,

Matt.

TheMiniMan - July 11th, 2013 at 03:46 PM

i could kill your entabulator with a thought

:-)

Sides - July 11th, 2013 at 04:00 PM

Well you'll need a tray...

:lol: