Board Logo

ROO SHOOTER COMPETING AT WORLD TIME ATTACK CHALLENGE
Kombi_Rescue - October 14th, 2014 at 08:26 PM

Roo Shooter is to appear at this weeks World Time Attack Challenge, the 57 panel was a invited guest and is selected to compete in the Turbo Smart Flying 500. Anybody who may not be aware this event is designed for exotic race cars from all over the world which start at about 700hp and move all the way up to 1250hp.......so the Roo Shooter's little 180hp engine has been fairly matched up against a Lamborghini Aventador with just over 750hp. As Enzo Ferrari once said ..."aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines" so what hope does a 2.7 type 4 have against this competition....very little . The aim is to drive at 90kmph along the main straight at Easter Creek Sydney Motorsport Park and then jam the throttle for 500meters and see what happens. The Roo Shooter will compete on Friday 17th at about 11.00am and agian on Saturday around the same time.......if you come along be sure to pop over and say Hi we need all the support in a very Jap /Euro angled event. The most positive outcome is a world wide photo shot of a ratty Kombi racing a exotic super car.

benny_acko - October 14th, 2014 at 08:49 PM

Great exposure!Goodluck

winerot - October 15th, 2014 at 08:10 AM

Good luck Steve, i can see it now lambo stalls roo shooter wins by a mile :lol::lol:.

debiasi4 - October 15th, 2014 at 05:13 PM

Have fun. My boss is running in the flying 500 as well. With a 1000 hp+ atw r35!! Maybe he can give you a tow!!

matberry - October 15th, 2014 at 07:39 PM

Awesome news Steve. I'm sure you'll pedal the Shooter hard

HappyDaze - October 15th, 2014 at 07:50 PM

Have fun at the Tack Atime in the Shoe Rooter, Steve....bugger, have I wuddled up my mords again ? :smilegrin:

robb - October 19th, 2014 at 05:42 AM

how did the roo shooter go, put up a good fight I hope

ian.mezz - October 22nd, 2014 at 01:25 PM

yep its a good idea to be seen out and about in the car scene , as I was at a car show in the Hunter valley NSW and some guys were talking about your bus, they said a crazy fast Kombi was racing sports cars. :blush:
good work . flying the vw flag

Kombi_Rescue - October 22nd, 2014 at 03:27 PM

Thanks Ian, this was a flag flying exercise.....the kombi attracted so much attention leaving me with a great feeling. The Roo Shooter managed 165kmph compared to the top speed of 308kmph over 500meters, a crowd favourite and hope to have a little footage up soon.