Board Logo

Annual Holiday Destination late 2015?
modnrod - November 15th, 2014 at 10:01 PM

Late 2015 as in September or October, November at a pinch. After that temps are past 40*C and it's too hot to spend all day on the road.
It takes me nearly a year to get organised for a long trip, so I thought I'd ask everyone early.
The plan was to aim for Warwick 2015, it's the 10th anniversary, originally I had the thought of driving the Beetle over and have a bit of an adventure. Then I also thought that a family with 2 active little boys driving an old Beetle 10K km across Oz and back is bloody stooopid, not to mention I have only just today welded in the first patch panel! :lol:

Warwick is Number1 on the "lets do it" hit list, but are there any other really iconic VW meets on around then? If I'm going to drive or dawdle with a van all that way for a family adventure then I rekn a big VW meet of some sort should be my reward. :cool:

So, 2015........
Warwick?
VW Nationals in which state and roughly when?
The biggest VW cruise on earth that none of us know about yet?
They're going to re-open Amaroo Park just for us? (yes, yes, I know.........).

Oh yeah, Valla? That's like 0*C or something isn't it? Where is that place, the Antarctic??!?!?! Unlikely.......:crazy:

What's coming up next year that a VW-show-starved family can aspire to?

Bizarre - November 16th, 2014 at 09:06 AM

Nationals are round the 4th week of May at Fairfield NSW Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th May 2015

Adjusted Barry ---- Dave

modnrod - November 16th, 2014 at 09:29 AM

OK, thanks. I thought they were in NSW this year, so might be in QLD next year.

Last time I went through Warwick was a drought-breaking storm, I think mid-year about 20 years ago. We had so much rain so quickly that it literally filled up the air vent plenum chamber (front of windscreen) on a 1969 Valiant Hardtop and started to pour out the vents! Once in 100 years event means it's had its go though. :rolleyes:

Bizarre - November 16th, 2014 at 09:49 AM

Nationals is same place each year

there is another smaller show that moves around but i cant think of the name