Board Logo

Has it happened to you?
bond - October 14th, 2006 at 09:40 AM

Last night whilst going for a lazy friday night cruise through brisbane's north side - a punk in his vn holden decides as he drives past to yell out his window and call me a nazi.... haha crazy times

bizzare

nick

h - October 14th, 2006 at 09:45 AM

no never to me.. but i do have some period items from that era in the beetle.. :D

so did you blow him away at the lights, round him up n push his piece of crap off the road..
one of my fave tricks in a little old beetle..
the look on their face is priceless not to mention their mates payin out on them.. haha :starhit:

buzzbug - October 14th, 2006 at 12:12 PM

has happened to me,
particularly while i am in my uniform (army).
I just wink and give them the :thumb

Lee.

helbus - October 14th, 2006 at 01:35 PM

The best one was when we lined up in the bus next to a Subaru WRX at the lights. The driver gave us a sneering look, so the missus revved the bus a couple of times for a race and got ready. The WRX driver gave another sneering look like we were wasting his time. The light went green, the bus launched off the line and the WRX ........ stalled on the line :lol:

Schmoburger - October 14th, 2006 at 01:50 PM

heheheheh... yeh... Ive had the "you drive a Nazi car" thing a few times... every single time someone gives me that bullshit I just launch into the whole Ben Pon spiel.... they fech off reaaaaal quick then!... seriously... who would stay to listen to that??? :lol:

I have blown off a few commodores at the lights too heheheh... it shouldnt be able to be done, but meh!

Also... god knows how, but my front wheels very near lift off the ground when I drop the clutch on tarred road hehehe. :bounce

Volkswagenboy - October 14th, 2006 at 01:54 PM

Cruising through the city a while back I had a group of wankers in a Mazda pull up and start going on... said thier Mazda does 10's...
Revved up the Beetle to make it seem like I wanted to race and when the lights turned green I pulled away gently like an old fart, only to look beside and see no Mazda!
They had stalled!
Amateurs!
-Staggers.

Schmoburger - October 14th, 2006 at 01:56 PM

AAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA :tu: :cool:

butidontunderstand - October 14th, 2006 at 02:37 PM

nope hasnt happened to me :P
its probably because nobody knows what my car is...:cry

VWFOOL - October 14th, 2006 at 02:42 PM

i used to get it all the time in my black and red oval.

bond - October 14th, 2006 at 03:38 PM

lol - people are funny sometimes - like i wouldnt drive past some punk kid who thinks his excel or holden or whatever is top shit and yell out "ya pov yobbo".....

i love the wink! thats hilarious! i also enjoy two thumbs up with that expression on your face suggesting "good one wanker" (you know the one) and a subtle nod of agreement - goldust lol

nick

The_Bronze. - October 14th, 2006 at 03:54 PM

I'd love to yell back at them,

"Yeah I'll Drag ya, At Stockton Beach".

Doubt many could find it let along find the track onto it.

Being a Baja Lover doubt there is anything mechanically (cept a V6 mabey) that could give me any level of performance.

B.

Schmoburger - October 14th, 2006 at 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bond
lol - people are funny sometimes - like i wouldnt drive past some punk kid who thinks his excel or holden or whatever is top shit and yell out "ya pov yobbo".....

I would! :lol:

Quote:
Originally posted by bond
i love the wink! thats hilarious! i also enjoy two thumbs up with that expression on your face suggesting "good one wanker" (you know the one) and a subtle nod of agreement - goldust lol

nick

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m188/schmoburger/DSCF0096-1.jpg

:dork:

bond - October 14th, 2006 at 04:51 PM

haha! thats it!!! two thumbs though man!!!!!!!

nick

Schmoburger - October 14th, 2006 at 05:36 PM

the other thumb was clicking the camera button! :lol:

pod - October 14th, 2006 at 05:47 PM

never had it happen yet but instead of 2 thumbs up maybe a nice straight arm salute nazi style with other hand under the nose to signify a moustache:thumb:lol::lol::lol:

megalania - October 14th, 2006 at 05:59 PM

now that would raise some eyebrows. haha

Schmoburger - October 14th, 2006 at 06:07 PM

*ignorse Leahn with his/her spammy mcspam spamming bullshit posts* :o

"One prawn cocktail... ah yes... Eva Prawn... and a Hermann Goering!" :lol:

Fireball xl5 - October 14th, 2006 at 08:11 PM

Had a car full of guys in a "fully sick" subaru try to race my type 3 down parramatta rd in Sydney, I was on the inside lane(the turning left into the next street lane) they started to egg me on for a trafic light race built the revs up, lights went green, I turned left into my street, they hooned off with the cop car that was behind them giving chase.....Idiots

whatnow - October 15th, 2006 at 12:27 AM

hehe...

it's never happened to me, but i once (and never again) picked up 2 old flatmates from the pub after they had gone for a quiet beer about 8 hours earlier. they decided my ragtop was the "nazi staff car" and proceeded to stand up out the roof and inspect the troops with a salute to all and sundry through one of the old money suburbs of sydney.

at the time i was voicing questions re thier parentage, intelligence, species of sexual preferance etc, but in hindsight the sight of two guys both well over 6' and more than a tad intoxicated trying to hold themselves up through a goldie while briskly negotiating speed humps and corners was rather funny.

Schmoburger - October 15th, 2006 at 09:45 AM

HAHAHAAHAAAH.... now THAT is summin I would love to have seen! :bounce :lol:

fekkinell - October 15th, 2006 at 12:19 PM

Dickheads try and race me all the time... i'm in a kombi!! Surely if they want to show off their driving skills they should pick a good car... it only makes it all the more embarassing for them when they suddenly realise "oh shit... the guy in this kombi actually knows how to race, as opposed to us in our automatic holden, pulling one wheeled burnouts with the brakes on" :P

shaihulud - October 15th, 2006 at 09:03 PM

I've never been abused for driving a Beetle. I now drive a Herbie which brings smiles to people's faces.

Today in the WA VW Club Kruize I was in convoy with another Herbie. We got constant toots, waves and shouts of "Hey! Herbie!" The kids were rapped. There were two of them.

helbus - October 15th, 2006 at 09:39 PM

It is interesting that people will race a kombi. Hey at the end of the day, most cars will still beat it, but what are they gonna tell their mates?

"Hey you guys won't believe this, my car is so good I raced a kombi and beat it"

Now what are their mates gonna think about that comment?

Hertz - October 15th, 2006 at 09:47 PM

I hate the "theres Herbie" thing, makes me want to run the f*@kers over.

[ Edited on 15-10-2006 by Hertz ]

bond - October 15th, 2006 at 10:26 PM

haha - its not soooooo bad man! the kids always love herbie!

its taken a day but i think ive finally gotten over the nazi call lol

thanks guys! hehe

nick

Volkswagenboy - October 15th, 2006 at 10:30 PM

I enjoy driving along and seeing kids 'Punch Buggy' punch each-other. Brings me great joy to know I cause pain just by driving along the road!
-Staggers.

bond - October 15th, 2006 at 10:57 PM

kids!!!??? haha... the number of adults man!!!

nick

helbus - October 15th, 2006 at 11:36 PM

Us in the Beetle are 'punch-buggy' ing each other

Schmoburger - October 16th, 2006 at 01:36 AM

Why is ther never any punch-bussing? :duh

shaihulud - October 16th, 2006 at 10:47 AM

Don't worry Hertz. This Herbie business is starting to wear a litle thin. It was fun for a while, now it's getting a bit boring and tedious. My Herbie has been sold to someone who will Baja it soon, so there's another one off the road.

Still, according to the great unwashed and their kids, it's the coolest car that I have ever driven.