Board Logo

Best Broadband deals?
VWFOOL - October 16th, 2006 at 07:49 PM

can anyone help me work out which si the best broadband deal available at the moment, would rather over 1gb downloads per month. any info appreciated

reub - October 16th, 2006 at 08:04 PM

Dude,

best place to find a deal suited to your needs can be found at [url[http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/[/url]

MikeM - October 16th, 2006 at 08:30 PM

http://www.internode.on.net/adsl/pricing/home.htm 

8gb for $39.95 and no extra charges if you download more then 8gb, it just runs slower. :)

BloodyPom - October 16th, 2006 at 11:52 PM

Im an iinet man meself.....

49.95 a month 20 gig then slower plus chuck in the phone and its up to 24MB speed....
Phone charges are great as well as they are capped over a certain timeframe on the long distance.

Good for the P2P stuff so Im told :cool: not that I would know or anything...ahem..

oval TOFU - October 17th, 2006 at 12:58 AM

i'm currently on internode on $40 a month on ADSL - so far so good... I'm also on optus net cable on a plan that you can't buy anymore - 12gb a month with 24gb off peak, well, 12am to 12pm. That's $65 worth. The next best thing is the $49(?) plan for 7gb a month and 14 off peak.. that might be the bundled (with the phone line) price though

Samblers - October 17th, 2006 at 02:27 PM

What the?

I'm currently looking into this too and am confused by all the stuff available and what i need

Basically, I want to use the internet maybe an hour a night, missus wants to use skye a few times a month, and we need a phone... what speed/ data do i need?

(sorry to hijack!)

jack12 - October 18th, 2006 at 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by VWFOOL
can anyone help me work out which si the best broadband deal available at the moment, would rather over 1gb downloads per month. any info appreciated

i,m thinking of going with these guys-www.aanet.com.au/plans.html , seem pretty reasonable, have a voip service and 6 month plans. K

Iwish4aSynchro - October 18th, 2006 at 10:16 PM

late i know try aapt I combined home phone and net. getting 12gb @512Kbps per month and a phone deal where i pay 45? bucks n get 120 bucks worth of calls. Had a few shitty broadband servers overcharging etc these guys, aapt, rock. my 5 cents
see ya

reub - October 18th, 2006 at 10:24 PM

DODO seem reasonable as well....

Alot of them have high setup costs

oval TOFU - October 18th, 2006 at 11:32 PM

i've heard that dodo is crap... that's my 'round the water cooler news...