a current affair new bug report
CAFFINEPUSHERMAN - October 17th, 2006 at 07:00 PM

did anyone watch the report

CAFFINEPUSHERMAN - October 17th, 2006 at 07:00 PM

thats it love have a tear

rose - October 17th, 2006 at 07:31 PM

it was just on

68AutoBug - October 17th, 2006 at 07:58 PM

Yes, I watched it and even took a pic of the car....

I don't think We know the full story-
whether She had approached the right person etc...
but VW in Australia said it was the dealer who had to deal with it...
thats not so good in My books...

Its still BAD publicity for VWs in Australia...

and VW could have fixed it up.....

I won't be buying a New VW....
never been game to buy a new one....
I buy Mitsubishis....
I know they are well made , plus with the 5 year warranty, free roadside, free servicing....
and I like 'em....
I know they will do 200,000kms without any major problems....
I wouldn't know this with a new beetle...

or a Golf... I see too many for sale - with Gearbox o'hauled - engine overhauled....etc...

Lee

vwrallycar - October 17th, 2006 at 08:52 PM

hopefully something like this will be a wake up call for Volkswagen Australia. i know from a friends experience, vw aust are hopeless.
its a real shame to see and hear more of it, because it puts me off buying a new vw.

VWCOOL - October 17th, 2006 at 10:01 PM

No, it's a dealer problem - not VWA. That's what dealers are for and why they have workshops

Manufacturers/companies like VWA, Nissan etc import, comply, market and then sell to dealers. They don't spin spanners on cars.

baybuscamperkid - October 17th, 2006 at 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 68AutoBug
Yes, I watched it and even took a pic of the car....

I don't think We know the full story-
whether She had approached the right person etc...
but VW in Australia said it was the dealer who had to deal with it...
thats not so good in My books...

Its still BAD publicity for VWs in Australia...

and VW could have fixed it up.....

I won't be buying a New VW....
never been game to buy a new one....
I buy Mitsubishis....
I know they are well made , plus with the 5 year warranty, free roadside, free servicing....
and I like 'em....
I know they will do 200,000kms without any major problems....
I wouldn't know this with a new beetle...

or a Golf... I see too many for sale - with Gearbox o'hauled - engine overhauled....etc...

Lee

tehe, thats what our mech said about mitsu's as well, but the 2 we have had could have put his kids through uni! :o

amazeer - October 17th, 2006 at 10:50 PM

I'm with Lee. In the market for a smallish but not too small (modern) car? Go the mitsubishi lancer. 200,000kms on this my second one. Almost bought a third one earlier this year. Value for money, ride, handling, power.... cant go past. I'd even have the lancer over a liberty. Liberty is nicer but is it $10K nicer? Only reason I bought the falcon is towing capacity (which I now dont use doh).

And people, you really shouldnt be watching ACA it destroys brain cells. Like being an alco only without the liver problems.

[ Edited on 17-10-2006 by amazeer ]

Craig Torrens - October 17th, 2006 at 11:02 PM

Go the Mitsubishi.

fenrayer - October 17th, 2006 at 11:06 PM

i watched the report i feel sorry for the lass , although it seems it wasn,t actually mecahnical problems but faulty workmanship with the putting together off the car etc ( although i ddin,t see the whole report )
i beleive the dealer should have just taken the car back and replaced with another one then the dealer take it up with VW australia , as thats how any other faulty purchase would of been handled
sharon

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/1726/58f72c9a102090796377a65b265da4c2b5574d8ecp9.gif

h - October 18th, 2006 at 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by amazeer
I'd even have the lancer over a liberty.

pleeeeeeze... :puke

koolkarmakombi - October 18th, 2006 at 08:02 AM

Double per-lease :puke:puke:puke

Liberty is AWD, electric everything and and and and

:vader

I refuse to debate this anymore humpf! :jesus

kkk

Quote:
Originally posted by h
Quote:
Originally posted by amazeer
I'd even have the lancer over a liberty.

pleeeeeeze... :puke

amazeer - October 18th, 2006 at 10:18 AM

and a couple more airbags, and an mp3 cd player, and rear cupholders but... Lancer too has electric everything. I dont NEED 4WD. My driveway is not that steep. 2 wheels driving has always been enough for me when it rains. I dont launch it hard enough to spin 2 wheels so dont need the extra drive off the lights. Liberty seats leave a lot to be desired. The lateral support is nothing but a piece of medium density foam sticking up. To me this is the liberties bggest drawback. Its a cheap blackspot on otherwise fairly luxurious car. Subaru asks you use 95 RON fuel (11.5:1 compression), lancer is regular 91. Lancer has 6kw less, but 33Nm more. Also hauls around 100kg less. The lack of MP3 does concern me. This is comparing 2.0 litreliberty to a 2.4 litre VRX lancer, maybe not a fair fight but the lancer is still around $5K cheaper.

If money were no option I would go the subaru and replace the front seats. I'm in no way saying its an inferior car. But if you take purchase price, insurance and running costs into consideration the lancer comes out on top in my poor assed opinion. No fighting or spewing required, just a factual summation as I see it. If you have other priorities good for you. Perhaps a 1.6 litre VW beetle is even better for your lifestyle and slightly cheaper again than a lancer.

[ Edited on 18-10-2006 by amazeer ]