Board Logo

Guys I need your help to build the wife a Type 3 for a surprise birthday gift
BobZero - November 18th, 2006 at 02:03 PM

She's wanted one forever and its about time I did something special for her. But in order to a keep it a surprise I've set myself the challenge of starting with empty pockets and zero dollars in the bank so she doesn't notice a big hole suddenly appearing in our savings. Overtime, odd jobs, eBaying my socks, whatever it takes to get her dream car. I have 12 months until her next birthday when (in addition to a shiny new set of wheels) the real gift will be a journal of hardship and torture, seeing just how I managed to pull it off.
Hopefully I can rally the global VW community together to inspire and supervise the project so when she slips behind the wheel in Nov 2007, you can all feel the pride in seeing one more VW hit the streets.
No advertising, no spam, just a dude working his knuckles to the bone building a car. The clock is ticking, the challenge is on !
http://www.zerodollarchallenge.com 

She also visits this forum so precautions will need to be taken. Call me "Bob"

[ Edited on 18-11-2006 by BobZero ]

vwjon - November 18th, 2006 at 02:17 PM

good idea bob, whats your location?? if your wife uses this forum won't she read this thread?
and you would like to rally the global vw community? good luck on that one!

BobZero - November 18th, 2006 at 02:35 PM

In Brisbane by the way and keeping her away from this thread (and this forum, at least for a while) is all part of the challenge.
Whether I can rally the "global" VW community will remain to be seen but the Internet has made the world whole lot smaller !

phatratpat - November 18th, 2006 at 03:37 PM

whats she after ? fastback. square or notch :smilegrin:

BobZero - November 18th, 2006 at 04:12 PM

66-69 Fastback

Spellbound - November 18th, 2006 at 10:37 PM

Interesting...good luck "Bob":P

Spook - November 19th, 2006 at 05:48 AM

Trust me, having empty pockets & an anorexic bank account is not a challenge.

I've been doing it for years without trying.

whatnow - November 19th, 2006 at 09:05 PM

lol spook. so true so true.

whatnow - November 19th, 2006 at 09:13 PM

i think the biggest challange will be making the time to build it without your wife thinking you are having an affair... somethig you really wouldn't want.

helbus - November 19th, 2006 at 09:58 PM

Not much chance of air con.