Board Logo

Close call!
ancientbugger - September 30th, 2007 at 04:01 PM

Decided to go over Teewah beach this morning, the sun was shining and everything looked fine. The buggy was running perfectly so me and my son headed for the ferry. Just slowing down for the ferry itself then the clutch pedal falls to the floor:mad: F*ck!! Bloody clutch cables, they don't make washing line like they used to (mine has been made from washing line from a Hills hoist for the last 17-18 years, it was supposed to be a temporary measure but what the hell!) Anyway I check the cable at the clutch lever and there's nothing wrong with the cable but the lever doesn't feel that good. Wife has to come a tow me back home, luckily a) we only live about ten minutes from the ferry and b) the clutch went there and not up at Double Island Point! Just dropped the engine and the thrust bearing fork has a broken finger. This wouldn't bother me too much normally but my cab is still at the panel shop from an accident about 6 weeks ago and I have to get to work on Tuesday:crazy:

[ Edited on 30-9-2007 by ancientbugger ]

h - September 30th, 2007 at 06:08 PM

ahh good old hills hoist haha

OZ Towdster - September 30th, 2007 at 06:46 PM

Do yourself a favour and replace the fork with an offroad fork which will also support the bottom of the bearing so as to stop it falling out of the clips when offroad.
These were available from Manx Buggys when i last bought mine for around the same money as a stock item.

frog - September 30th, 2007 at 07:25 PM

don't worry you did'nt miss much, it would have been chocca block with daytrippers but it sure was a mighty fine day.

hipichic - October 1st, 2007 at 08:38 PM

I was on Moreton Island last week and saw an awesome Blue baja over there...anyone know it?