Board Logo

Transport Assistance - WA to ACT
phantom - October 3rd, 2007 at 05:24 PM

I'm after some ideas for cheaper vehicle transport, to get a vehicle (non-runner) from Perth to the ACT. Anyone got any good leads for decent transport companies? Is there anyone in the business that is also a dubber? Thanks.

shaihulud - October 4th, 2007 at 08:05 AM

Because Perth to the eastern states is the back loading direction the freight rate is cheaper. I was recently quoted $800 form Perth to Melbourne. Also because to the ACT would not be a back loading direction, that could be the expensive part. Good luck.

rivkombi - October 4th, 2007 at 08:20 AM

DO NOT USE TNT logistics - used them to transport kombi from queensland to SA - was going when I left it - not going when I picked it up - and they denied liability for any damage.
They had used a fork lift to lift it onto a truck (dented the chassis rails) Also had flooded the car while trying to start it - then burnt then starter out trying to start it. Then pulled all the wiring out from under the dash to try and short start it. They denied doing any of the above and I was left to arrange another truck to deliver it from their depot to home - they are just not worth using!!!