Board Logo

Night before Nerves....New early Bug????
Rural Baja - October 6th, 2007 at 11:14 PM

After a ride on the bike today i noticed a nice early bug behind a house with lots and lots of wrecked holdens around it.....Im thinking maybe an unwanted car and a small changover of money......:P

Well im having a look tommorow so wish me luck:thumb

id love to see a nice unrestored bug following me home

Pumba - October 7th, 2007 at 06:57 AM

Good luck with it,Im always wishing i could find something like this but never happens cheers shane.

pod - October 7th, 2007 at 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by shanes57
Good luck with it,Im always wishing i could find something like this but never happens cheers shane.

I second that one,no luck here either
Paul

penguin - October 7th, 2007 at 06:05 PM

I was washing my squareback this afternoon in Ippie and a guy pulled over from the road that passed by the car wash, got out and waited for me to finish to tell me he had a 70 notch in his yard that I could have with a spare engine, gearbox, lights, front beam etc... for nothing.
His words were that if I liked my Type 3 enough to be washing it, I obviously liked them enough for him to give me his old one. Sweet. I may need to get onto a notch soon :D

[ Edited on 7-10-2007 by penguin ]

sinecure - October 7th, 2007 at 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by penguin
I was washing my squareback this afternoon in Ippie and a guy pulled over from the road that passed by the car wash, got out and waited for me to finish to tell me he had a 70 notch in his yard that I could have with a spare engine, gearbox, lights, front beam etc... for nothing.
His words were that if I liked my Type 3 enough to be washing it, I obviously liked them enough for him to give me his old one. Sweet. I may need to get onto a notch soon :D

[ Edited on 7-10-2007 by penguin ]

I hate you and you're off the Christmas card list. :P Nice one.

I once pulled over in my Dat16 to help a guy on the GC who had broken down in his. He was so annoyed at its unreliability that he told me if I drove him home and picked up the paperwork from the DMT I could have it. When I got it home, it wasn't great, but hey I was stoked.

Rural Baja - October 10th, 2007 at 09:04 AM

Well i had a bit of luck. had a look, it was wrecked 61, with fiberglass wide guards and he wanted $1700 for it but the next day in the suburb over from it i found a nice late splitty...... More info soon...

[ Edited on 9-10-2007 by 1963 Empi Radar ]

VWFREAK - October 10th, 2007 at 09:28 AM

Go the split.

Rural Baja - October 10th, 2007 at 07:52 PM

yes i totally agree!!!!