Board Logo

Aussie dollar!
SPRINTSTAR - October 11th, 2007 at 10:28 AM

Fantastic time to buy those much needed slam stuff! Ordered some new CB link-pin dropped spindles including airmail for $270.00 AUS$ off TheSamba.

NathanVW - October 11th, 2007 at 10:42 AM

We are sitting nice with the aussie dollar at the moment, time to crank up the imports!!

VWFREAK - October 11th, 2007 at 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SPRINTSTAR
Fantastic time to buy those much needed slam stuff! Ordered some new CB link-pin dropped spindles including airmail for $270.00 AUS$ off TheSamba.

Hope you didn't buy from Steve, at Serano's they have gone bust. I got done for just over 2k of goodies ( spindles, heads and crank). Luckily VISA was able to recover the $$$ after about 60 days.

[ Edited on 11-10-07 by Bone Collector ]

BUGBOY - October 11th, 2007 at 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bone Collector
Quote:

Hope you didn't buy from Steve, at Serano's they have gone bust. I got done for just over 2k of goodies ( spindles, heads and crank). Luckily VISA was able to recover the $$$ after about 60 days.

[ Edited on 11-10-07 by Bone Collector ]

Glad to here its going to be ok!

SPRINTSTAR - October 11th, 2007 at 11:47 AM

Everything's sweet!
Cheers..

nbturbo - October 11th, 2007 at 12:01 PM

Yeah-just bought a High Torque starter motor from CIP1-arrived in 6 days and cost AU$294.00 with freight.Perhaps should have bought a spare when they are so cheap.

squizy - October 11th, 2007 at 01:24 PM

CIP1 are excellent. Delivery is very fast.

flipflopsurfer - October 11th, 2007 at 03:25 PM

nbturbo, how did you get that price, if you don't mind me asking, i'm after a hi torque, just checked CIP1 and it works out at $352

h - October 11th, 2007 at 05:49 PM

not to mention a great time to go abroad too

penguin - October 11th, 2007 at 08:20 PM

Hey has anyone used other forms of getting parts back from the US? aside from FEDEX I mean?
I looked at a few parts from CIP1 and they wanted to charge almost as much as the bits in shipping!!

nbturbo - October 11th, 2007 at 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by flipflopsurfer
nbturbo, how did you get that price, if you don't mind me asking, i'm after a hi torque, just checked CIP1 and it works out at $352
Here is a copy of their invoice.From my Bank statement it cost me $294.00AU.I emailed the order at 10.12am wed 26th Sept and it arrived at my door at 10.30am Tues 2nd Oct.

[ Edited on 11-10-2007 by nbturbo ]

Special Air Service - October 11th, 2007 at 10:05 PM

Quote:

Who was that through if you dont mind saying?

I'm about to order some Ball Joint ones & that sounds a bit cheaper even with Airmail.

Cheers
Brendan

boristherat - October 11th, 2007 at 10:38 PM

I landed some early pop outs from Ebay for about $320 landed ( Brazillian admittedly), gonna get me some wheels around Xmas time.

The Bigfella - October 11th, 2007 at 10:42 PM

I brought a LOT of BMW stuff in from the States in the last 12 months (full rebuild of an M5 engine....new shocks, etc) - and mostly just used USPS. Most I ever paid on any shipment was about $80US for freight - but given that the prices were one fifth of what the local stealer wanted........ Don't forget to keep your orders under $1k or else you might be paying duty.

BTW - word on the street is high 90's next year.

dvs_vw - October 12th, 2007 at 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by h
not to mention a great time to go abroad too

yeah great time now, but 3 weeks ago when I went, sucked....just my luck, up at 88c a week before I leave, down to 79c when I'm gone and up to 90c now!

Oh well, CIP1 order is going to be made very soon!

The Bigfella - October 12th, 2007 at 10:44 AM

Quote:

yeah great time now, but 3 weeks ago when I went, sucked....just my luck, up at 88c a week before I leave, down to 79c when I'm gone and up to 90c now!

No sympathy mate - I took the family (all 5 classed as adults) to the UK & Ireland in 2001 - when it was in the low 40's - and three bucks to the pound. I paid Oz$90 for morning tea at one stop.

flipflopsurfer - October 12th, 2007 at 11:50 AM

Maybe it was cheap shipping day or something, yesterday I got quoted $164 using their system and today it's $104.

SPRINTSTAR - October 12th, 2007 at 12:12 PM

Below is the link mate, Greg's fantastic, responds to every e-mail and keeps you posted the entire time during the delivery process. No, I am not getting a commision for this comments!
Cheers,
a

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=335465 

Quote:
Originally posted by Special Air Service
Quote:

I'm about to order some Ball Joint ones & that sounds a bit cheaper even with Airmail.

Cheers
Brendan

64vwmark - October 12th, 2007 at 12:53 PM

I think that it's the right time for me to get some wheels for the buggy then.

This is what I'm thinking of......

http://www.dwtracing.com/products/sand/alumilite/bss_5vf 

Special Air Service - October 12th, 2007 at 02:50 PM

Thanks mate, thats who I was going to order them through but your shipping price seemed cheaper than what I could get off their website, I might go through the samba add & see if there is any difference.
Thanks again
Brendan:thumb:thumb:thumb

Quote:
Below is the link mate, Greg's fantastic, responds to every e-mail and keeps you posted the entire time during the delivery process. No, I am not getting a commision for this comments!
Cheers,
a

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=335465 

Quote:
Originally posted by Special Air Service
Quote:

Cheers
Brendan

MISS VDUB - October 13th, 2007 at 09:35 PM

Greg is extremely helpful, i've just ordered my set of Dropped Spindles from him. Shipping was more expensive through the checkout on the parts site, so i just emailed him. Answered back straight away. I can't wait to have some suspension on my baby, kinda sick of my boobs hitting me in the face on every bump! :lol::bounce

Ash x

68AutoBug - October 14th, 2007 at 07:07 PM

I bought some VW seals from CIP1 a couple of months ago...
Air freight for One seal was $70-00

for about 10 seals, wasn't much higher....

Lee