Board Logo

CUSTOM OFFROAD UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT
OZ Towdster - January 1st, 2008 at 08:28 AM

Well we thought it about time that we shared with you all that Custom Offroad is as of today and reopening on the 7/1/08 is under new management as Myself and Eileen have bought out Buggy Brads share of the bussiness.
The Team

David AKA "Dyno"
As afew of you know but many don't Brad has always shared the bussiness with David AKA " Dyno" who is still the 50% owner of Custom and our Head Fabricator.

Eileen Westwood
My good wife Eileen as many of you probabley know as the face behind Dubs by the Pub and of coarse my better half will be the new manager and your port of call for all enquires and bookings .

Peter
Is our fully qualified motor mechanic who has now had quite a few years experience in vw plus has extensive knowledge in many other brands from time past .
Peter is also our registered roadworthy officer for all your safety certificate enquires.

Darren
Our trades assistant to David and Peter

As with any new management team we have a few new ideas that we look foward to sharing with you all in the next few weeks but the main one for now is that we will be now running under the new bussiness name of "CUSTOM VEEDUB "

As mentioned above we will be reopening on Monday the 7th of January and Eileen and the Team will be more than happy to help you with all your enquires and let us take this opportunity to wish you and your familys a happy new year.

Eileen

Brian - January 1st, 2008 at 08:37 AM

Good luck with that,
whats Brad doing now ?

OZ Towdster - January 1st, 2008 at 08:40 AM

What he's always done, Army

11CAB - January 1st, 2008 at 09:36 AM

Congrats guys, hope it goes well for you all.

Craig Torrens - January 1st, 2008 at 09:39 AM

Congrats Andrew and Eileen, just need Alan (dasdubber) as a partner now :tu:

VWMA Editor - January 1st, 2008 at 11:09 AM

One of your first jobs for 2008 will be modifying my drag beetle fuel tank. I also have a design for a new breather box, and......

All the best guys.

bugboymatt - January 1st, 2008 at 11:42 AM

Congratulations.
Hope it works out well for you.
Matt.

shaihulud - January 1st, 2008 at 11:44 AM

Congratulations Andrew and Eileen.

I hope things go well for you.

Richard.

dangerous - January 1st, 2008 at 11:55 AM

Congrat's Andrew and Eilleen.

Sounds like a new and exciting future!

LIFE IN THE LOW LANE - January 1st, 2008 at 12:44 PM

Congrats guys!!! So I'm guessing now Andrew that your first priority will be getting your Kombi finished, getting the fastest Towdster finished all for Dubs by the Pub LOL.

Now that you have access to a workshop 24/7 I'm guessing you wont be on here as much!!! Get to work you only have a few weeks to go......:lol::lol::lol::lol:

When i get a chance I'll pop over for a look see. Last time I was there(years ago) it was a bit of an unorganised mess. Look forward to seeing how you are spruce it up!!

Volksaddict - January 1st, 2008 at 05:59 PM

All the best with the new venture ...lots knowledge in that shed!!

Baja Wes - January 1st, 2008 at 07:40 PM

Good luck sorting the many many years of stuff that has accumulated in that shed :)

Special Air Service - January 1st, 2008 at 07:44 PM

Best of luck to all

Cheers
Brendan

handycam - January 1st, 2008 at 08:31 PM

top stuff " look foward to geting up there this year for a look mate. fingers crossed . hope all do well

matberry - January 1st, 2008 at 09:14 PM

Good luck guys. That shed has produced many great cars over very many years.
I'm sure you and your crew can go far.
Congratulations Matthew Berry

555bug - January 1st, 2008 at 09:28 PM

well I have a couple of things I need this year so you'll have my continued support ;)

Desert Moose - January 1st, 2008 at 09:44 PM

Great stuff.... Hope it all goes well for you...

Remember I'm always happy to help.

penguin - January 2nd, 2008 at 07:39 PM

Congrats to you Andrew and getting into the business,
will be by later this year to get the oval Blue slipped since most of the mods where done at CORC, but are simple enough anyways to see before it gets fully built up.

Brad,
good luck with full time Green machine if thats what you are up to full time.
Cheers

h - January 3rd, 2008 at 12:39 AM

hey congrats on giving it a go yeah..
look fwd to visiting you soon for some fresh faces!!

Dasdubber - January 3rd, 2008 at 07:30 PM

Best of luck Andrew and Eileen.....and continued best wishes for Dave and the other boys - hope the business continues to grow from strength to strength.

Good luck to Brad as well and his army/IT and VW adventures for the future!

Alan

Brad - January 8th, 2008 at 10:01 PM

First up congrats to Andrew ane Eileen, I was quite happy to see my share going to some Dub Heads who can keep what was one of my dreams alive.

As many of you may well know from your own experiences not everything in life pans out like you want it to. I went into the Custom Offroad venture with Dave just over 3 years ago and after 2 years it became apparent that I didn’t have what was required to run a small business. As a result customer service suffered and Pete had to step up and fill the void I left when I went back to contract work.

Pete did an awesome job but was only one person and working the floor as well as running the shop began to take its toll on him, it then became evident that we needed someone else to either spin spanners or run the place.

After considering all the options it was looking like Dave and I had a few hard decisions ahead.

Andrew and Eileen then showed an interest and I was only to happy to see my half goto a Dub Head couple and Dave keep doing what he was awesome at.

I would like to take this opportunity to firstly thank all those customers who supported myself and Dave over the last 3 years. I would also like to apologise to all those customers who put up with my lack of customer focus and grumpy nature and ask all those people that had an issue with myself to give Eileen and the new team at Custom Vee Dub another go. I can pretty much guarantee that any issues you nay have had came from me and not the boys.

I look forward to seeing what Andrew and Eileen do with the place and must admit I have already seen a dramatic increase in the number of phone calls actually answered and customer enquires which are followed up and correctly actioned. The business has great potential an even greater collection of exceptional tradies.

As for what I will be getting up to, well I have gone back to contracting full time and will be concentrating on getting the Iguana Buggy across the line for the mid year release of the kits and turn key models.

Anyway enough babbling ….. must get back to paperwork so I get paid…

Buggy On !!!!

Brad

Craig Torrens - January 8th, 2008 at 10:10 PM

You always gave me good service Brad. :)

Brad - January 8th, 2008 at 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig Torrens
You always gave me good service Brad. :)

Must have been cause you paid you bill

daz67 - January 8th, 2008 at 11:57 PM

Best of luck Andrew and Eileen & Dave.

Ampdub - January 11th, 2008 at 09:30 PM

The name change makes sense. lets ppl know its not specific to offroad

OBU991 - January 12th, 2008 at 07:06 PM

Good luck to Andrew and Eileen, good to see good things happen to good people