Board Logo

Bloody Fridays
Joel - January 11th, 2008 at 01:58 PM

dont mind me just venting

i choose to start the rant.....now

F**k i hate fridays some times
the best day of the weeks so naturally something always goes wrong

last week council shut the road just after i got to work so i had to drive thro 600mm of flood water (god bless 4WDs)
it still continues to piss down so i decided to do the routince service on the harvestor today that ive been putting off for months and was now 74 hrs overdue
draining the oil first mistake was butter fingers drops the drain plug in the drain pan
this tractor has a about 50L of hot oil coming out of faster than i can turn around
fishing around in hot oil burning the shit outta my hand the oils coming out that quickly it over flows the pan all over the shed floor.....

i stood back had a smoke and stared at it for 15mins contemplating my next move and hoping it would magically dissapear
i replaced all the filters and decided to refill the oil while i decided what to do
got about 2L poored in b4 i realise i havent put the plug back in yet making the situation even worse.
normally id get a few shovel loads of dirt and let that absorb it but given that since jan 1st weve had 380mm of rain i dont think a few loads of slush would do anything to help
lunch time came so i figure fug it ima going home so guess whos got a nice job on monday morn :grind:
so anyone within a 100km radius will probably learn swear words they never knew existed

Rant Over

Anyone else have a bad day?

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd191/boostedbug/Photo0004.jpg

jo_tas - January 11th, 2008 at 04:19 PM

Wow.. 50L of oil? Thats gotta suck.

modulus - January 11th, 2008 at 05:43 PM

Ha ha...that went well....

On the bright side, writing the date on the filter looks like a really good idea... I haven't seen that before...but I don't get out much...

rocknrob - January 11th, 2008 at 05:55 PM

and you did this because?...planning on harvesting soon?:lol:

pod - January 11th, 2008 at 06:09 PM

get yourself a bag of kitty litter or a bag of sawdust good for oil spills :tu:

Joel - January 11th, 2008 at 07:24 PM

LOL well if it ever decides to stop raining ill be starting harvest in about 4-5 weeks
i was just having a shit of a day, normally i can do this sort of thing blind folded but yeah obvoiusly i pissed off karma bigtime today...

modulus, one of my pet habits is to always write the hours and date for the tractors or KMs and dates on the cars
ive got a remote filter on my bug and it does help when ur trying to think if u changed the filter last oil change or the one b4

matberry - January 11th, 2008 at 08:35 PM

Get a magnet on a stick or even a string.
That'll make monday not such a bad start.

Joel - January 11th, 2008 at 09:21 PM

i some how managed to find it
crappy camera phone pic doesnt really do it justice but its prob only about 10L at most but still sucks to clean up

maybe ill get lucky and some of the rats running round up there will drown in it and soak some up
little bastards are really pissing me off
u can see the nuts stuck in the tread that they eaten the kernals out of
i need a pet snake that only likes to eat rats not ppl