Board Logo

Another Towdster just found / bought in QLD
OZ Towdster - July 30th, 2008 at 07:12 PM

Well , they are just comming out of the woodwork this year as another Towdster has just been found on ebay today and snapped up by a fellow buggy nut out ipswich way .
For further details check out the posts here
http://dunebuggyandbajaadventures.freeforums.org/holy-shit-is-this-a-real-man...

Bizarre - July 30th, 2008 at 07:36 PM

WOW.... lucky bugger

did people make copies of these?
they dont seem to have a MANX badge on the nose - so how do you confirm it is a Towd??

OZ Towdster - July 30th, 2008 at 07:43 PM

The Towds & Towdsters never had a badge of anykind , just decals .
The ones made in Oz were under licence from Bruce Meyers , but have quite a few little differences from my American built car.
As for how do you tell its an original , well lets just say they are not an easy thing to copy

TheMiniMan - July 31st, 2008 at 08:35 AM

Andrew, i remember years & years ago at Autocross meetings there were heaps of them racing, i wish we were rich enough back then to afford a movie camera.

OZ Towdster - July 31st, 2008 at 11:48 AM

Hey Matt i would be happy just to see some still 24mm shots if you have any , please

kroozzn63 - July 31st, 2008 at 02:05 PM

thats in great cond considering ,great find

Mrs Oz Towdster - July 31st, 2008 at 02:21 PM

He seems to be moving along quite quickley on his car dear:lol:

donn - July 31st, 2008 at 04:56 PM

As one who follows fleebay, what was it listed as, I didn't see it. Looks good ULB.

Brad - July 31st, 2008 at 08:22 PM

silly question but those first pictures, are they taken in the same place as the ones a while back of a subaru powered towd sort of thing ?

mackaymanx - July 31st, 2008 at 08:30 PM

Don't think so Brad, the subaru powered one was in Newcastle. The owner of this new one is in Ipswich and it came from Bribie Is

OZ Towdster - July 31st, 2008 at 08:49 PM

No definetley two different cars as mentioned above the Subie powered car was in newcastle and was quite different to this car.

sinecure - August 1st, 2008 at 09:34 PM

I'll take it LOL!

greenbug70 - August 2nd, 2008 at 12:56 AM

are they portal hubs on the rear

TheMiniMan - August 2nd, 2008 at 02:28 AM

I wish i had some picks Andrew, we were so poor that we couldn`t afford a pair of shoes for me let alone a camera, i was literally racing motorkhanas & autocross meetings in bare feet... true story.

I think maybe Russel Worthington may have some early footage of those days but he`s pissed off around Australia caravaning like a grey nomad :-) Maybe some of the old guys from Ipswich west moreton car club could help you ?

OZ Towdster - August 2nd, 2008 at 07:32 AM

I have just had a confirmation from a reliable source that this car is definetly John Richardsons (Volksworld Bris ) old Towdster.
John sold this car 10+ years ago and has regreted it ever since , and recently has been searching for it to no avail , with last i spoke with his son they had all but given up and were starting to wonder whether it had been destroyed as a back yard hack somewhere.