Board Logo

So who wish's they were at Valla now
OZ Towdster - August 1st, 2008 at 09:04 PM

memememememememe
Bugger i hate myself sometimes and i should have quit my bloody job months ago and i could be there now instead of home saving some coin and getting all my gear ready to go back to work for myself.

trickysimon - August 1st, 2008 at 09:29 PM

Would have been perfect way to spend my 18th :sniffle: Guess I'll just have to settle with spending it with my friends..:rolleyes: :lol:
Simon

reub - August 1st, 2008 at 09:33 PM

Me...

butidontunderstand - August 1st, 2008 at 09:36 PM

am staying at coffs with my parents, I wasn't keen on camping after last valla but then seeing all the cars there thisarvo and the atmosphere I wish I had booked a site
guess I'm luckier than you guys though :lol:

pod - August 1st, 2008 at 11:42 PM

me too!!! was thinking where i`d be during the day whilst at work,like stopping at Northhaven for lunch with the rest of the guys from our club:mad:

handycam - August 2nd, 2008 at 02:29 AM

I wish I was there I'm siting in the highlands of tas waiting for troutseason 2 open and it's cold it's snowing

TheMiniMan - August 2nd, 2008 at 02:32 AM

yeah, me too,,, I got my spare gearbox in on thursday,,,,,, took me 3 hours,,,, but i need it to last me at least 3 weeks & if i hit Vlla with it then maybe i`d only have a weeks worth of box life left after i got back (if i got back) :-) so i opted to play it safe & stay home,,, :-( i might get there again next year.

OZ Towdster - August 2nd, 2008 at 07:16 AM

Sorry Matt , you'll have to wait 2 years mate as it only on bi anually

dangerous - August 2nd, 2008 at 07:27 AM

My first trip to Valla was in 1988.
I left home at about 5pm on the Friday arvo.
I was driving down alone in my 1200cc dung beetle,
and helped to tow a broken down Golf the last 20 or so kms.
It was a slow trip.

Being that I arrived after dark, and negotiated a bed in one of the cabins,
I awoke early on the Saturday morning to find the park had filled up over night.....full of Volksies as the sun came up.
It was a frosty morning but the excitement had me running around like a crazy 19 year old....well, I was 19.

That memory is what comes to mind when I see Andrew pine-ing(sp?) to be there.

OZ Towdster - August 2nd, 2008 at 07:37 AM

Great story Dave , yea this is the first Valla i have missed in 10Years , mind you earlier in the week when we werestill planning on going i was even having to borrow a VW as both mine are still in pieces.

VWFREAK - August 2nd, 2008 at 05:16 PM

Just spoke to Menagler at Valla, really wish I'd made the effort now. Rats and Splitties every where Dave said, whilst sucking back another beer in the QLD sun.

I love Canberra and 8 degree days.

pod - August 2nd, 2008 at 05:23 PM

Quote:
in the QLD sun.

??????????? i`d hate to be dragged by the hair on my head to QLD from Valla:lol:

dangerous - August 2nd, 2008 at 05:26 PM

It is about 4 hours drive to get to the QLD sun from Valla.

Stanley - August 2nd, 2008 at 06:11 PM

so someone is turning 40 next birthday.

mactaylor - August 2nd, 2008 at 06:28 PM

my first valla must have been about 1990 all the stokers clowns were wearing matching jumpers and dave started his supercharged 1776 in the main street with the zoomies, i had an erection for weeks then listened to stan turn 8000rpm out at raliegh what an eye opener.andrew dodd sidewaaayyyys driven the doors off his red car very cool man with a head like a busted crab.

hellbugged - August 2nd, 2008 at 06:33 PM

sorry to tell you guys, it's going off and has been since Thursday!!........i think the biggest turn out in the main street ever this morning, some nice rides here and a great two days of racing........

.........i wish i was there too, just home having a shower then the big 2 minute drive back to "the park"

:smirk:

Dilbert - August 2nd, 2008 at 07:20 PM

wishing id ditched tafe on friday and gone for the weekend now.

amazeer - August 2nd, 2008 at 10:07 PM

This is the first one I have missed since my first attendance in 88 or 89.

I didnt think it would bother me so much, but from thursday, especially friday(which were crap days at work), and very much this evening on my lonely drive home form the pub I am missing it very much. I seriously thought about turning around and getting there in plenty of time for the show tomorrow. :(

Not sure what I am most upset about. Ruining my 100% record or missing out on the shenanigans tonight. Thought about phoning birchall but realise that the conversation would be incomprehensible anyway :P

silver - August 2nd, 2008 at 10:23 PM

Glad I'm not there, too much traffic!:mad:

Craig Torrens - August 2nd, 2008 at 10:26 PM

yeah wish I was there.........................had to take the ragtop out for a drive just to satisfy the VW itch...............ended up blowing away a GTFour on the old Pacific highway so that made me feel better !!!!

Silver, by your photo I'm glad I own a Beetle........Kombi's look as common as hyundias :lol:

Mick058 - August 4th, 2008 at 08:09 AM

Yeppo, wished i'd gone - my car is still 'teething' so i wasn't keen on mid-way mis-haps. Always next year right...

Mrs Oz Towdster - August 4th, 2008 at 08:35 AM

Sorry Mick As my Husbane pointed out to Mini Man you now have to wait two years as it only comes around every second year.

Mick058 - August 4th, 2008 at 08:37 AM

:sniffle: well that sucks...might have my 'steroids' in place by then :smilegrin:

amazeer - August 4th, 2008 at 08:38 AM

but there's always sawtell

11CAB - August 4th, 2008 at 09:46 AM

So you guys probably wouldnt want to check out this Gallery as it would make you feel worse about not being there.......:lol:

http://www.manxgallery.org/gallery/album587 

1916baja - August 4th, 2008 at 07:12 PM

damnit! I swear i'll never miss it again!

foxy_fuchsia - August 4th, 2008 at 07:29 PM

The street parade was f**ing awesome! Can't wait to post piccies.

vw54 - August 5th, 2008 at 11:01 AM

Quote:

Thought about phoning birchall but realise that the conversation would be incomprehensible anyway :P

no i wuld have been OK at that time

YES dont 4 Get Sawtell only 30 minutes up the rad next August

start planning yr holidays NOW

Mick058 - August 5th, 2008 at 11:02 AM

is sawtell a let down compared?

1303Steve - August 5th, 2008 at 01:56 PM

Hi

Sawtell is much smaller than Valla, its only been running for a few years, next year will be the 3rd year.

We have a small band of VW enthusiasts who have been and most really enjoy their time there, apart from the rain. Hopefully the event will grow in the future.

Steve