Board Logo

Valla ----- the Pied Piper
57 oval - August 3rd, 2008 at 01:23 PM

Valla msut have the same effect on VW owners as the Pied Piper did. Notice how quiet the Forums have been this weekend, it must have drawn 90% of the members there and the other 9% are sitting back waiting to hear from them. Hope they are having a great time...........

thugbug - August 3rd, 2008 at 02:43 PM

Don`t you hate not being there amongst all the smart people instead of being stuck at home? ( like me too) All that glorious sun, the throng of wee dubs motoring around,the bits and pieces one could find there. Aaghh,should be a law against it.

vwkg - August 3rd, 2008 at 02:49 PM

I'm one of the unfortunate 9%

Notch Nut - August 3rd, 2008 at 03:07 PM

I'm on of the minority too. Sent the notch off to be panel beaten by a friend at his workshop and had a nice perv at some of his projects inc. a 57 split panel van. It ain't all bad...:rolleyes:

Type3Sicko - August 3rd, 2008 at 04:43 PM

same here, wounded T3 was supposed to take us past Valla on the way back up...how much $$ for a 2.1 rebuild??? seriously, hope you guys and gals had a bunch 'o fun

ancientbugger - August 3rd, 2008 at 05:27 PM

I hate my job sooooooo much:(

Joel - August 3rd, 2008 at 07:11 PM

well just to rub the point in further u all missed an awesome valla :p

megalania - August 3rd, 2008 at 07:28 PM

bastards. I got stuck at the in-laws:sniffle:

Pastit - August 3rd, 2008 at 07:41 PM

Wuz great, good mixture of old/new/bugs and busses.

As always with these type events different ideas of doing stuff to cars. There seems to be more lower rat type vehicles than before. One machine that took my fancy was an Oval done up off road style, had Kombi running gear and some practicle mods.
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p106/Almostoldfart/Oval-offroad.gif

What was disapointing was that people were critical of it's treatment, saying "It's a rare vehicle and should not be treated like that". At least they saved another body, the pan was stuffed so they went to work with a later model pan and Oval topside and this was the end result. Funny thing there was a Country Buggy about three cars up that had been lowered to within an inch of it's life. Now if people were consistant then there were millions of Ovals built and only 2000 CB's?, so the CB was an infinately rarer machine but there was no criticism of it.

People customize their machines to suit themselves, I enjoyed all the machines there and could appreciate what each owner did to make the machine their own.

amazeer - August 3rd, 2008 at 08:09 PM

valla is crap, glad I didnt go.

too hard to get accommodation, too hard to get a park, cant even get a meal at the pizza joint, and hundreds of noisy shit box VW's. Who would want to go there? Especially when over the last 3 days in shellharbour we have had an average overnight temp of a balmy 7 degrees (tropical 2 degrees friday) with a slight 100kmh breeze to take the edge of the heat.

LIFE IN THE LOW LANE - August 3rd, 2008 at 08:24 PM

Someone's a bit sooky......

Weather was a bit cold overnight but during the day it was superb. Racing at the track was great,street parade was one of the biggest I can remember to date and the show today with the swap meet was good as well.

11CAB - August 3rd, 2008 at 08:29 PM

Yeah it wasnt too bad....the wind got real bad on Friday night, but all was good.

I've got some pics here....

http://www.manxgallery.org/gallery/album587 

LIFE IN THE LOW LANE - August 3rd, 2008 at 08:49 PM

got a few hundred pics and 30-40 minutes of footage from Raleigh on saturday to sort through. Will be posted up sometime this week.

Left Valla at 1.40pm and arrived at my mates at 6.40pm with 2 stops along the way. then took me 25 minutes to get from Woodridge to Bracken Ridge. Was over driving and sitting in a car and so was my back.

The road is definately getting better and a few more sections will be open by next Valla in 2 years time.

Shorter trip!! Woo hoot!!

butidontunderstand - August 3rd, 2008 at 09:29 PM

great weekend, some very pretty cars
have lots of photos!
i am so exhausted, im off to have about 12 hours sleep now :spin:

Boozer - August 4th, 2008 at 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pastit
Wuz great, good mixture of old/new/bugs and busses.

As always with these type events different ideas of doing stuff to cars. There seems to be more lower rat type vehicles than before. One machine that took my fancy was an Oval done up off road style, had Kombi running gear and some practicle mods.
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p106/Almostoldfart/Oval-offroad.gif

What was disapointing was that people were critical of it's treatment, saying "It's a rare vehicle and should not be treated like that". At least they saved another body, the pan was stuffed so they went to work with a later model pan and Oval topside and this was the end result. Funny thing there was a Country Buggy about three cars up that had been lowered to within an inch of it's life. Now if people were consistant then there were millions of Ovals built and only 2000 CB's?, so the CB was an infinately rarer machine but there was no criticism of it.

People customize their machines to suit themselves, I enjoyed all the machines there and could appreciate what each owner did to make the machine their own.

Funniest part about that is that everything is reversible on it. I know cause I saw it being built and rode home in it.:lol:

h - August 5th, 2008 at 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by amazeer
valla is crap, glad I didnt go.

too hard to get accommodation, too hard to get a park, cant even get a meal at the pizza joint, and hundreds of noisy shit box VW's. Who would want to go there? Especially when over the last 3 days in shellharbour we have had an average overnight temp of a balmy 7 degrees (tropical 2 degrees friday) with a slight 100kmh breeze to take the edge of the heat.

pffft it was FANTASTIC! haha

foxy_fuchsia - August 5th, 2008 at 10:52 AM

Valla was awesome, it was my first one! Had a fab weekend, when I have access to a computer that's not going to crash on me every 5 minutes I'm going to upload all my pics. It was gorgeous sunny weather the whole time from Thursday through to Monday, my unit also had a nice heater that was appreciated at night =)

donn - August 5th, 2008 at 07:59 PM

Skooz me, I need more info on the Helltoy, even if the owner played up a bit

bajachris88 - August 5th, 2008 at 09:24 PM

hes on the forum buddy. his avd name is exactly like his number plate.

hel-7oy or sumfin ... type in 'hel' in the members list to find him and he will probably be there.