Board Logo

Australian wrc...
bajachris88 - August 31st, 2009 at 09:58 PM

Out of curiosity, Australia hasn't got its own rwc team right? just a driver racing for an overseas team?

btw, the aussie wrc event is comin up too.

volumex - August 31st, 2009 at 10:31 PM

Australia hasn't got a team in the WRC. Chris Atkinson was a regular for Subaru for a couple of years, but lost his drive when Subaru pulled out at the end of last year. He had a race or two in a Citroen earlier this year, but no regular drives.
I just hope Simon Evans gets a run in the WRC before he gets too old - he ran rings around Atkinson in the ARC, but never had the $$ to get into the WRC.

68AutoBug - September 1st, 2009 at 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by volumex
Australia hasn't got a team in the WRC.
Chris Atkinson was a regular for Subaru for a couple of years, but lost his drive when Subaru pulled out at the end of last year.
He had a race or two in a Citroen earlier this year, but no regular drives.
I just hope Simon Evans gets a run in the WRC before he gets too old - he ran rings around Atkinson in the ARC, but never had the $$ to get into the WRC.

[size=4]Would have been good to see them drive thru the streets of Murwillumbah NSW...

I hope its all televised...

tickets are on sale at ticketek at the moment...

Nothing is free... unless you live in a Murwillumbah street the tarmac section will be staged on...

LEE[/size]

bajachris88 - September 1st, 2009 at 10:53 AM

haha, yea its funny how u have to pay to sit at the corner of a dirt track and dodge death and dust lol.

VWCOOL - September 2nd, 2009 at 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajachris88
haha, yea its funny how u have to pay to sit at the corner of a dirt track and dodge death and dust lol.

lol... unless you own a Baja, then it's free every weekend, eh?

bajachris88 - September 2nd, 2009 at 01:03 PM

dam straight :P :lol:

I will be scaring alot of people, and myself, free of charge.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azvGLTRh0aM&feature=PlayList&p=49AC4D9...