Board Logo

First Dub Drive
baja burley - September 30th, 2009 at 10:16 AM

hey guys, thought i might share with you my first EVER vw experience. as you might have read ive been building up a sort of baja over the past year and have finally got it to a point where i can show of the massive horsepower my little 1600 puts outs. haha but seriously i was surprised by how quick the little thing went!

It started out with dad saying "just up the driveway and back mate you havnt got a license" which obviously turned into "can i take it on the road?" dad reluctantly gave a sort of yes and so i was gone!! half way down the road the glove box flew open and we were covered in fibreglass dust. haha

i'll put videos up soon if i can

Stanley - September 30th, 2009 at 10:54 AM

Good to here it's on/off the road.

good stuff

baja burley - September 30th, 2009 at 05:47 PM

i was absolutely stoked with it! you couldn't wipe the smile off my face sorry haven't got back to you stanley. Might sound strange but students can be busy too:lol:

can anyone else remember when they lost their vwirginity??

bajachris88 - September 30th, 2009 at 06:13 PM

haha. I lost my virginity and got hooked after a single drive in a 1500 chop top back yard bush basher dub.

Learnt to drive manual in it first time eva for 30 mins in it, then went on a rampage.... The bastard went on a BIG sideways fast drift in their turf and wouldn't straighten up haha, almost hit a tree, survived none the less! Then i was hooked :P

:tu:

Look forward to doing that when i finally get my baja on the road.. one day.

Bring on the pics!!!

Stanley - October 1st, 2009 at 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by baja burley
i was absolutely stoked with it! you couldn't wipe the smile off my face sorry haven't got back to you stanley. Might sound strange but students can be busy too:lol:

can anyone else remember when they lost their vwirginity??

No worries...you know where I am if you need anything.

amazeer - October 1st, 2009 at 08:24 PM

I remember losing both forms of virginity. I think they may have left me in the same year.

Also remember even more fondly losing my kombi virginity. I've never wanted a beetle as a daily driver since then.

And also the first time I drove a car with real power and almost looped it without trying. My kombi wasnt finished so I put the donk (which was completely painted black :puke) into the mates type three that I lost my VW virginity in. Many more ponies than my Telstar which was front drive. Quite a surprise.