Board Logo

Employer of the Year!
amazeer - October 1st, 2009 at 08:48 PM

I had a bit of a dummy spit at work this morning. Sick of all the touchy feely HR driven bullshit, environmental sustainability committee, parking police nazis, and latest management buzzword rubbish, telling me I have to take holidays because I have too much accrued. I want more money! Give me more money and I can afford a holiday!

This afternoon I got dragged off my current project to pull the company out of the shit. Got a cranky client off their back, and I got a reward. A chunky Kit Kat bar! Loook out Maldives, here I come.:cool:

vwjon - October 1st, 2009 at 08:53 PM

a CHUNKY kit kat?? whoaaa hold the front page, i was given a regular kitkat once, it was badly melted as well:(, you are a star :)!

1303Steve - October 1st, 2009 at 08:58 PM

Your worth at least a Mars bar,

we have the same touchy feely crap at our place we have woman managers who report you and make file note if you get angry and ask for some support

colonel mustard - October 1st, 2009 at 09:01 PM

HR is a waste of money/time.

ancientbugger - October 1st, 2009 at 09:04 PM

That would be really funny but I know it must be true. A real sign of the times. Blokes at the top giving themselves mega bonuses while the ones at the bottom getting sacked to save money for the company. Anybody else notice that the big bonus syndrome sort of coincided with the fall of communism in Europe or am I just a bit paranoid?

donn - October 1st, 2009 at 09:41 PM

If you want to work for a real bastard try working for yourself, I do and I can't wait to quit and leave me in the lurch.:grind:

h - October 1st, 2009 at 09:57 PM

aha ha so..
you big suck u took the finger in the hole n you'll be back bailin them out next week..
be a spass n have a brain blink n the nick of time next time
you valued employee..

donn - October 1st, 2009 at 10:01 PM

pardon?

ancientbugger - October 2nd, 2009 at 09:47 AM

I hate " Come on Team!" when all you're doing is ensuring a bigger bonus for the guys at the top while you have to be thankful that you have a job. Team my arse.

phatratpat - October 2nd, 2009 at 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by h
aha ha so..
you big suck u took the finger in the hole n you'll be back bailin them out next week..
you valued employee..

what ever gear your on Paul I want some !!!:cool:
work stress !!! is when you want to kick the living shit
out of a co-worker who is begging for it and hr wont let you !!!

h - October 2nd, 2009 at 11:00 AM

:spin::starhit::crazy::lol::tu: im on chrissco's level

komuter - October 2nd, 2009 at 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by donn
If you want to work for a real bastard try working for yourself, I do and I can't wait to quit and leave me in the lurch.:grind:

i am with you mate,i worked for myself for 20yrs and finally got the shits with myself and sacked myself and went on a extended holiday to fnq and am still here,i even sacked my missus from her shop and sold it on her,now we just sit at the beach all day while the kids are at school.if you want a real job become a mod for the kombi club they praise each other all day,or maybe they do more than that to each other,if you no what i mean,beat that or each others:kiss::kiss::kiss:

silver - October 2nd, 2009 at 11:25 AM

Aloha from Hawaii ! :lol::lol::lol:

flatrat - October 2nd, 2009 at 03:14 PM

and we :lol:

MISS VDUB - October 2nd, 2009 at 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by h
aha ha so..
you valued employee..

What the? English please?

I'm hearin' ya Chris about management buzz words, if i have to hear "going forward" and "at the end of the day" one more time, i'm going to scream.

"GROUP HUGS"

bajachris88 - October 2nd, 2009 at 06:42 PM

who ya work for?

so i can make sure i'm not working for em :P

helbus - October 2nd, 2009 at 06:58 PM

Negotiate. For example if you have more than 20 weeks holiday accrued, then ask if you can have 10 weeks leave, but be paid out 20 weeks. That way you get double pay, and a reasonable length of time off.

I did something similar years ago when I took 4 weeks leave, but got paid 13 weeks holiday pay that I had accrued. It enabled me to do my car resto. I had money and time.

Gary L - October 3rd, 2009 at 10:37 AM

Lets face it the only reason most of us work is for the money to spend on fun stuff like the VW's and holidays

66deluxe - October 3rd, 2009 at 11:38 AM

HR managers are a bunch of F$%&in wankers with NO F&*^ idea, i hate them. Now the new terms and cliche's used that shit me are: At the end of the day, Touch base, KPI: key performance indicators, fireside chats, focus groups, there's much more, these terms were not around when i started working, HR departments are only their to employ useless people who think they know what their doing. I work for a multi national aviation company, where if you know what your doing you get kept doing the same thing, if you break something you don't get in trouble and get promoted. Todays working environment is just F%^$. EH&S is another story alltogether. Save that for next time.

donn - October 3rd, 2009 at 02:44 PM

had to check your profile 66deluxe, with a rant like that I thought you must be my vintage, thought us oldies were the only ones to think that all these new terms and company positions were a whole lot of BS, what happened to just getting on with the job and getting it done on time? OH&S, give me a break (probably not the best way to put it though)

HappyDaze - October 3rd, 2009 at 04:00 PM

Well said donn! I can,t believe how lucky I am to be 'retired' now, and to have been a part of a work-force that was allowed to 'get on with the job' , as you put it, without all the CRAP!

Cheers, Greg

66deluxe - October 3rd, 2009 at 05:54 PM

No not old about to turn 35, its just that i started a cooking apprenticeship when i was 17/18 and i was treated just like i joined the army, you had to work your guts out and get the job done, i used to get punched, kicked, slapped, yelled at, if i wasn't up to the task, these days you can't even raise your voice at another employee and get away with it, or else you get drilled by HR. Bring back old school ways, they worked and people got the job done and the fat cats treated you well.

LUFTMEISTER - October 3rd, 2009 at 06:33 PM

Human resource managers are what you get when you have too many arts grads and not enough jobs at maccas or car parking lots.:smilegrin:
what are you doing home anyway Damo?

amazeer - October 4th, 2009 at 03:25 PM

http://www.companyculture.com/topics/BullshitBingo.htm 

No chance of cashing in any leave sadly. Its for OH&S reasons that we need 4 weeks leave per year. If I'm not careful I will burn out and have a breakdown apparently.