Board Logo

Car cruelty
VDU.88A - October 1st, 2010 at 07:54 PM

So who was it that had a visit from the ECPA.
http://www.theecpa.com.au/ 

Barnabie - October 1st, 2010 at 08:10 PM

What??? No citation for excessive ride height???? :crazy:

Mike - October 1st, 2010 at 08:49 PM

So are they suggesting that you can get filters/strainers for a vdub from supercheap?

colonel mustard - October 1st, 2010 at 09:07 PM

hmmm.... who puts magnatec in a beetle?? I wouldn't.

beetles dont have an oil filter. they have an oil strainer, and i cant say that you could get one off the shelf from supercheap, autobahn, or even repco.

what a load of crap.

Craig S - October 1st, 2010 at 09:26 PM

So what your suggesting then is that it's a surprise that they didn't recommend new coolant????

VDUBXTC - October 1st, 2010 at 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by colonel mustard

beetles dont have an oil filter. they have an oil strainer, and i cant say that you could get one off the shelf from supercheap, autobahn, or even repco.

what a load of crap.

Really????
I got a oil filter off the shelf at supercheap for my last manx

bajachris88 - October 1st, 2010 at 11:36 PM

:lol:

waveman1500 - October 2nd, 2010 at 12:02 AM

You can tell how much effort has been put into that webpage by the fact that it runs a 20 second music loop, and the fact that 90% of the 'car cruelty victims' in the photos are left-hand drive! The pics are just stolen from some American website!

vlad01 - October 2nd, 2010 at 09:05 AM

haha lol what waste of time looking at a crappy site like that :lol:

suppernastyripoffauto imo

vwo60 - October 2nd, 2010 at 10:30 PM

I bought a set of NGK plugs and asked the resident genus if they had a plug gap guage to set the gap but was reassured that there was no reason the check the gap before you installed them as they were set at the factory, he then told me that he is a mechanic and he never check's the plug gaps before he installed new plugs, maybe that's why he work's there.

colonel mustard - October 2nd, 2010 at 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by VDUBXTC
Quote:

what a load of crap.

Really????
I got a oil filter off the shelf at supercheap for my last manx

oh. Sorry. I didn't know a Manx was a beetle. My appologies for being in correct. When did vw put spin on filters on type 1 engines?? Must have been after 73...

VDUBXTC - October 4th, 2010 at 01:22 AM

Quote:

oh. Sorry. I didn't know a Manx was a beetle. My appologies for being in correct. When did vw put spin on filters on type 1 engines?? Must have been after 73...

mmm. Built on a beetle floor pan are they not?

You mentioned that beetles don't have oil filters, but some do. granted it is an after market system.:lol:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v428/vw0064/9207b.jpg

If you had said beetles didn't come factory with the filters. Then I'd have nothing to yank your chain about now would I ? :kiss:
Lighten up young fella. :lol: