Board Logo

How long do blue slips last?
t_tuffnut - October 3rd, 2010 at 08:15 AM

Quick question,

I got my blue slip on friday, but I need to wait til the finances are in for the green and rego.

How long do I have before the one I got on friday is invalid?

Cheers

donn - October 3rd, 2010 at 09:03 AM

3 months is my understanding.

Bizarre - October 3rd, 2010 at 10:04 AM

agreed

barls - October 3rd, 2010 at 10:09 AM

28 days from what i remember

Bizarre - October 3rd, 2010 at 10:26 AM

OK - I DEFINITELY know a pink slip lasts 3 months - not sure if it is 12 weeks or 3 months though

I am basing my comment on the fact they would be the same

ROSE!!!!.................:spin:

Joel - October 3rd, 2010 at 11:07 AM

pink slips in NSW are 42 days and I'm fairly certain blueys are no different

Joel - October 3rd, 2010 at 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bizarre
OK - I DEFINITELY know a pink slip lasts 3 months - not sure if it is 12 weeks or 3 months though

I am basing my comment on the fact they would be the same

ROSE!!!!.................:spin:

Pretty sure they have never been that long
I coulda sworn it was only 28 days but here's one I had done on my car only a few months ago turns out it's 42 days :crazy:

t_tuffnut - October 3rd, 2010 at 12:45 PM

Sweet. Mine didn't have rego when I got the blue done, so I wasn't sure if it would be different or not.

42 days is an odd number. Then again, it is the ultimate answer to life, the universe and everything!

donn - October 3rd, 2010 at 12:53 PM

So if it is stated on Joels I wonder why it's not on yours.

VDU.88A - October 3rd, 2010 at 05:20 PM

You have 28 days to register it from the date on the blue slip Unregistered Vehicle Inspection Report (1075 form). 42 days is for a pink slip for rego renewals.

If you have the form there look on the left side under the heading fees paid in the box there is a Note: it tells you there.

grumble - October 3rd, 2010 at 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by VDU.88A
You have 28 days to register it from the date on the blue slip Unregistered Vehicle Inspection Report (1075 form). 42 days is for a pink slip for rego renewals.

If you have the form there look on the left side under the heading fees paid in the box there is a Note: it tells you there.

28 days is correct,29 days and the RTA will send you for a new one.

t_tuffnut - October 3rd, 2010 at 08:43 PM

Thanks, just found it in the fine print.

My blue slip is different to Joel's, it was in the fine print on the back of the unreg vehicle inspection report page.

Cheers everyone!