Board Logo

Anyone travelling between Brisbane & Newcastle?
karmann54 - October 4th, 2010 at 07:08 AM

Trying to get some running board trims to vwmad in Bomaderry (Nowra) NSW. Unfortunately Auspost won't take them as they are too long, 140cm Vs their max per website of 105cm.

Bit of a long shot I know, but is anyone travelling that way from Brisbane anytime soon? They would be in a tube about 45mm diameter and 1400 long, more like 1350mm.

Cheers

Angus

donn - October 4th, 2010 at 07:11 AM

If you can get them to Newcastle I can take them to Nowra, I travell down there occasionaly and will be going down soon, as long as there is no timetable it may work for you.

Pumba - October 4th, 2010 at 07:25 AM

Thanks guys for this,donn anytime is ok theres no rush,so all the help would be great cheers shane.

karmann54 - October 4th, 2010 at 07:28 PM

OK, new question, anyone travelling between Brisbane and Newcastle! Thanks Donn, we may just get a relay happening.

Angus

Paulc1964au - October 4th, 2010 at 07:32 PM

Have you thought about using a courier service?

donn - October 4th, 2010 at 07:50 PM

Come on Paul, this is more fun than a courier service, we should use batten changes more often.

Pumba - October 5th, 2010 at 09:38 AM

Plus the cost of a courier would be to expensive.

beetleboyjeff - October 5th, 2010 at 10:18 PM

My daughter & son in law are comming to Port Macquarie at the end of the month, and I will see them there, then come back to Newcastle to work. I go near Donn's place most days.

Is that too late though - last weekend of the month I think it is.

Pumba - October 6th, 2010 at 05:49 AM

Theres no rush jeff,we will see if it suits angus ??? cheers shane.

Paulc1964au - October 6th, 2010 at 06:21 PM

lol its getting closer all the time from what i gather need to get it from Brisbane to Port

donn - October 6th, 2010 at 08:41 PM

The way I read it was Jeffs' daughter & son in law are coming from Brisbane to Port, so if that is correct then we have it in the bag.

beetleboyjeff - October 6th, 2010 at 10:03 PM

Yeah Donn - that is correct, they are coming from Springwood. I meant to check this evening, but didn't get in from work untill too late. I am pretty sure it is the last weekend in October. I will try and check tomorrow night.

Where abouts in Brisbane is it coming from?

karmann54 - October 7th, 2010 at 04:06 AM

Jeff

I'm at Wynnum/Manly on the bayside - about 20 mins from Springwood. I can drop them in before they leave, I was planning to drop into Southside VW down that way for some bits and pieces for the next service on the beetle anyway.

The final piece of the relay jigsaw falls into place! Amazing what can happen on a forum like this if you just ask the question........

Angus

donn - October 7th, 2010 at 05:58 AM

Yay, Ausie gold again.