Board Logo

Australian Vintage Stockists for rubbers?
moonlite6t6beetle - June 28th, 2011 at 03:44 AM

Chasing a more or less. complete set of 61' beetle rubbers incl windows. Any reccomendations of Aus companies, good, inexpensive and can ship efficiently. WA based though no major pref.

moonlite6t6beetle - June 28th, 2011 at 03:48 AM

and coloured rubbers (white) are in some mild/ideal preference, but the budget may not allow.

vw54 - June 28th, 2011 at 07:29 AM

VVDS in Sydney can supply all your needs and give you a forum discount 02-9789-1777

Uber Kafer - June 28th, 2011 at 10:57 AM

whoever you get it from, insist on quality brands for all your pieces, and that every item has the manufacturers sticker on it. I had a dodgy windscreen seal substituted amongst a bunch of West Coast Metric rubbers and it didnt last 6 months in the West Australian Ultraviolets.

68AutoBug - June 28th, 2011 at 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by moonlite6t6beetle
Chasing a more or less. complete set of 61' beetle rubbers incl windows. Any reccomendations of Aus companies, good, inexpensive and can ship efficiently. WA based though no major pref.

Hi
BEST ARE probably Wolfsburg Automotive in Victoria...
they have just about everything rubber plus more
made to their specifications...

Not the cheapest just the best.

excelllent quality..

door rubbers - it doesn't matter if they are Brasilian as they are easy to fit
but Windscreen and other rubbers... need the best quality unless the car is in a dark room all of the time...lol

there are some brasilian rubbers that aren;t too bad... BUT
there is NO brasilian brand that We can use..
Most rubbers are Brasilian these days... some not too bad
some terrible... luck of the draw... YIKES..

LEE

sander288 - June 28th, 2011 at 01:40 PM

I would go with Vintage for sure!

they are the aussie stockist for West Coast Metric rubbers

barls - June 28th, 2011 at 02:40 PM

george at classic also has west coast metric. thats where i got mine.

Uber Kafer - June 29th, 2011 at 11:13 AM

Yes, West Coast Metric and Wolfsburg West are the 2 most reliable suppliers/manufacturers of VW rubber,

BUT.. like I said.. "insist on quality brands for all your pieces, and that every item has the manufacturers sticker on it. I had a dodgy windscreen seal substituted amongst a bunch of West Coast Metric rubbers"

Be warned.

moonlite6t6beetle - June 30th, 2011 at 12:35 PM

thanks all. a ton of usefull stuff here.