Board Logo

mini camaras
DubCrazy - November 20th, 2011 at 03:49 PM

hey all

just wondering what brands are any good, im looking for a mini cam thats water proof

i know the GoPro is regarded as one of the best but its quite big and bulky compared to some i have seen, a mates got one built into his moto x googles and its great apart from it makes the googles narrow and i cant use in in the car or on my roadbike! the footage tho is great.

i have seen some on e-bay and leading edge etc but i worry the pictures/sound qualitys going to be shit...

cheers
steff..........

Ollie - November 20th, 2011 at 04:18 PM

You really can't go past the go-pro. We use a lot for work and they're always reliable. The pictures look fantastic and they had an extremely wide lens so you never miss any of the action.

If you want to use it on your motorbike helmet just use the 3M mounts on the front of the helmet. In car they're great because of the wide lens, just mount it on the rear quarter window and you'll capture everything.

Hope it helps!

Anthiron - November 20th, 2011 at 04:40 PM

The Contour HD and Contour GPS are the major competitors to Go Pro.

you can get a waterproof housing for them
http://store.contour.com/contourhd-waterproof-case-p17.aspx 

they are a sleeker style camera when mounted to a helmet but the trade off is less flexibilty when mounting elsewear.

The Go Pro is great because of the design you can mount it on your helmet, chest, or basically anywhere else you like with their different mount kits.

In all the extreme sports movies, clips etc. Most people use the GoPro. This speaks for itself.

They are similarly priced