Board Logo

Facebook group for queensland Vw's
angryelmo - March 20th, 2012 at 08:36 PM

Hi guys, seeing facebook is a part of everyday life now, here is a group for queensland vw owners

http://www.facebook.com/groups/254114708014526/#!/groups/254114708014526/ 

Stanley - March 21st, 2012 at 06:23 AM

not part of my life

coletrickle - March 21st, 2012 at 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stanley
not part of my life
Nor mine,What goes on there i can only imagine....

angryelmo - March 21st, 2012 at 07:31 AM

Must be for the younger generation then

coletrickle - March 21st, 2012 at 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by angryelmo
With all this techmollgy and imformation that the younger generation has at its finger tips,it seems to me that time would be better spent on other interweb places learning how to not buy parts from our yellow brothers and make their Vws more reliable and leak less oil.My comments are not direcected at you angryelmo just observation,The standard in your avitar is that the one from kempsey?

angryelmo - March 21st, 2012 at 08:01 AM

No, I got this from a family friend at kenmore, it had been sitting in her yard where her husband had left it after he crashed it between 2 cars in 1986 and slowly pulled parts from it to fix others, I striped it all down, sandblasted it and started fixing it from there.

ClockworkMonkey - March 21st, 2012 at 09:31 AM

hahaha ..... if you don't know what a facebook is maybe you can get the younger ppl in your house to like the page and keep you updated :) just like any technology facebook is a tool, and used properly can be a pretty powerful communication tool :)

vassy66T1 - March 21st, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by coletrickle
Quote:
With all this techmollgy and imformation that the younger generation has at its finger tips,it seems to me that time would be better spent on other interweb places learning how to not buy parts from our yellow brothers and make their Vws more reliable and leak less oil.My comments are not direcected at you angryelmo just observation,The standard in your avitar is that the one from kempsey?

Col, it is just a forum with no particular topic :) :crazy:

vassy66T1 - March 21st, 2012 at 04:34 PM

Actually Col, one of the only facebook pages that I find interesting you would like.
It is called "Passion for Drag Racing" and puts both old and up to date clips of drag racing from around the globe.
Pretty damn cool ;)

angryelmo - March 21st, 2012 at 05:19 PM

the page has changed from a page to a group now, here's the new link
http://www.facebook.com/groups/254114708014526/#!/groups/254114708014526/ 

Paulc1964au - March 21st, 2012 at 05:23 PM

Well I am a little biased as i run a vw facebook page with almost 1000 members but I have found all the other vw facebook pages a great source of information, certainly worth at least looking at

angryelmo - March 21st, 2012 at 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paulc1964au
Well I am a little biased as i run a vw facebook page with almost 1000 members but I have found all the other vw facebook pages a great source of information, certainly worth at least looking at

well i hope that i can reach that, i think that social media is a good way to connect and organise things, especially when its so easyly looked at

h - March 21st, 2012 at 07:40 PM

avd has a FB page if u didn't know

Paulc1964au - March 21st, 2012 at 07:47 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Paulc1964au

well i hope that i can reach that, i think that social media is a good way to connect and organise things, especially when its so easyly looked at

The hint is too keep the group active but i find a page is better than a group as you can post to other pages as a page and encourage more to join

Paulc1964au - March 21st, 2012 at 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by h
avd has a FB page if u didn't know

Yes I have that group as well