Board Logo

DEBT RECOVERY SERVICES
RodPenrose - March 29th, 2012 at 07:59 PM

I would like the name of any companies that you have used to recover any un-paid accounts . I have a guy that will not return my calls and refuses to pay so I would like your imput on what you have experienced . I know my legal rights via the court systems and would like to keep my options open . I am in NSW and the other guy is in VIC so a national company would be good , thanks ROD.

grumble - March 29th, 2012 at 08:39 PM

The court system is a pain in the ass and you also end up wearing the cost of the legal action because the morons have more rights and access to legal aid.

warb - March 29th, 2012 at 08:54 PM

a sheriff's letter is a good _economical_ start.. have not had to go past that.. YET ..

zocstar - March 30th, 2012 at 05:33 AM

Local bikies? That should get he money flowing

ducati998 - March 30th, 2012 at 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by zocstar
Local bikies? That should get he money flowing

:tu: for the bikies idea.

MR930 - March 30th, 2012 at 06:36 AM

A mate of mine puts a sign out the front of his workshop with the persons name asking for them to stop in. The sign gets a lot of interest and the names don't stay up for long. Don't know how this would work for you thou. Good Luck.

HappyDaze - March 30th, 2012 at 06:38 AM

Can't Sanchez help?

Governor - March 30th, 2012 at 07:45 AM

No wonder you can't find them in the Yellow pages if you are looking under DEPT
Try debt collectors ..lol
Why are you asking here? Are you trying to embarrass the person into paying, a VW forum would be the last place I would look?
Have you googled it, surely that would be better!!

waltermitty - March 30th, 2012 at 08:31 AM

Some bikies actually have registered debt collection agencies. they are very effective but charge %50.M

vassy66T1 - March 30th, 2012 at 12:30 PM

EC Credit Control may be able to help Rod.
I can't use them with Domestic Building Contracts Act restrictions, but you could.
They are experienced and can help put more measures in place to protect you also.

Hebfan - March 30th, 2012 at 07:41 PM

We did some signage for a guy running some bikes around Sydney $6K in total. He refused to pay claiming all sorts of personal problems then eventually didn't return calls. We enlisted a debt collector signed on for $1200 for a contract to collect all our debts, foolishly we thought 6K less $1200 less the commission was better than nothing. We were wrong they only collected $300 when we questioned them they said they were bound buy laws not to contact the guy too often or it would be harrassment. In then end we got ripped by the guy we gave credit to and also the debt collector. Tempting as it is to send it the heavies im thinking social media is the way to go :)

donn - March 30th, 2012 at 07:52 PM

when i was in business I found the small claims court worked a treat, we kept all our correspondence and documented all our phone calls etc, in the end they are summonsed to the tribunal where we sat at a table in a room (just the two parties) and tried to resolve the issue, if resolved the court issues a directive which is binding on the parties, if no agreement can be found then it goes before a magistrate ( I think that is their title) and the magistrate hears the proes and cons of the dispute and makes a decision, again it is binding on both parties. No percentage to a third person. We never had a problem with the system and all it ever cost us was our time and a small lodgement fee. A paper trail is the key to success!
Not sure how it would work interstate though.

h - March 30th, 2012 at 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by waltermitty
Some bikies actually have registered debt collection agencies. they are very effective but charge %50.M

50% of something is better than 50% of nothing at the end of the day..

ancientbugger - March 30th, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Dun & Bradstreet made their reputation as a debt collecting service, just a thought.

waveman1500 - March 30th, 2012 at 11:47 PM

The courts can be nasty if the person you're dealing with doesn't want to pay up. My uncle and aunt bought a Golf privately, which was then quickly repossessed as there was finance on it. It took several years and at least four or five court dates to get the purchase price of the car back from the seller. They kept saying that they didn't have the money, set up a payment plan for about $11 a fortnight, then didn't even bother to pay that. And so on and so forth. Eventually, after a couple of years the judge issued a warrant for her arrest, after which the money instantly materialised!

nbturbo - March 31st, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by HappyDaze
Can't Sanchez help?
Good call Greg-saw him at the last Warwick drags-hasn't changed,just more tats.

VolksVair - March 31st, 2012 at 12:07 PM

I agree that if someones owed money, they should be paid, by hook or by crook, but sometimes, there could be two sides to the coin:crazy:

VolksVair - March 31st, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Hey nbturbo, your living in big red country! do you get on the water & chase them? I have fished there a few times and my mate will be over in Whyalla this coming weekend for the snapper comp, cheers Frank

farkengruven - March 31st, 2012 at 03:27 PM

Used the bikies.....worked a treat. I got charged a flat rate ($1000). Didn't get my money, but I got my goods back (value $9500)......3 weeks later, the company that owed me money went belly up.
I contacted many debt collectors, was told of the associated costs, and how much they wanted up front to get the ball rolling......decided to give that a miss.

Rod, Is it a company or an individual that owes you?

nbturbo - April 1st, 2012 at 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by VolksVair
Hey nbturbo, your living in big red country! do you get on the water & chase them? I have fished there a few times and my mate will be over in Whyalla this coming weekend for the snapper comp, cheers Frank

Only wish Frank-these little air cooled bastards have taken over my life. The place will be buzzing next weekend with everyone after the big bucks. Hope your mate does OK.

jack schoot - April 1st, 2012 at 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by RodPenrose
I would like the name of any companies that you have used to recover any un-paid accounts . I have a guy that will not return my calls and refuses to pay so I would like your imput on what you have experienced . I know my legal rights via the court systems and would like to keep my options open . I am in NSW and the other guy is in VIC so a national company would be good , thanks ROD.

if hes on aussiveedubbers rod, can you put his name up without being slanerous.,
im sure there are many ways and would avoid any others from being ripped off.

Bizarre - April 1st, 2012 at 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jack schoot
can you put his name up without being slanerous.,

I would say that is a very thin ice you would be treading on

We have very differnt rules here compared to the USA

There is always 2 sides to a story and AVD is not where people should take out their revenge

grumble - April 1st, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by vassy66T1
EC Credit Control may be able to help Rod.
I can't use them with Domestic Building Contracts Act restrictions, but you could.
They are experienced and can help put more measures in place to protect you also.

I had no success with this crowd,they sell you coupons and don't do any more than send the debtor a letter.Don't waste your money.

L469 - April 1st, 2012 at 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bizarre
Quote:
Originally posted by jack schoot
can you put his name up without being slanerous.,

I would say that is a very thin ice you would be treading on

We have very differnt rules here compared to the USA

There is always 2 sides to a story and AVD is not where people should take out their revenge

post on an american site and post a link ?

REDKG - April 1st, 2012 at 08:55 PM

if someone steels a plate of your car and gets a 'free' load of petrol , the cops will be banging on your door within 2 hours. If you call the same cops and trell them someone presnted a 'dud' cheque to you, what response, stuff all. Anyway interstate is a big hassle, locally, small claims court.

matberry - April 1st, 2012 at 09:16 PM

I tried debt collectors years ago....too hard for them so money wasted.

A friend had a KG cab restored interstate and paid a motsa over a period (60k), car got pretty well finished and the dude doing the work must have liked it as he somehow went bankrupt and didn't give the Ghia back. My friend took him to court and obviously won 'custody' of the car, but after 30k in legals he still got nothing. The car went to the defence lawer as payment !!!

Go with the bikies:yes:

coletrickle - April 2nd, 2012 at 08:49 AM

Gentlemen they are motorcycling enthusiasts!I know a few diffrent "brands"! What location in Australia are you looking?another option could be some eastern European gentlemen not as lovley as the motorcycling guys but still very efective.

vlad01 - April 2nd, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by waveman1500
The courts can be nasty if the person you're dealing with doesn't want to pay up. My uncle and aunt bought a Golf privately, which was then quickly repossessed as there was finance on it. It took several years and at least four or five court dates to get the purchase price of the car back from the seller. They kept saying that they didn't have the money, set up a payment plan for about $11 a fortnight, then didn't even bother to pay that. And so on and so forth. Eventually, after a couple of years the judge issued a warrant for her arrest, after which the money instantly materialised!

lol :lol: