Board Logo

[FS - QLD] '63 Bug and parts
Takhoal - April 9th, 2007 at 06:50 PM

Okay, having a clean-out in prep for a potential house-move and have to discard some stuff :(

'63 model standard bug. Floorpan in quite good condition with only surface rust from sitting open in the front yard, a good wire-brushing will have it gone.Most rust cut out and plated in body with only minor repairs ( bogging etc ) to finish off. The rear apron area being the most work required, has had new panel welded in and the guy who did it for me hasnt yet been back to square it up correctly but with a quick tug would come across as it needs.

Car is mostly complete, ie, all parts come with except rubbers and interior. these were crap and dumped long ago. basicly just shell/pan and bolt-ons. ( lamps etc. I do have the 2 front door rubbers included ) Comes with good set of towel rail bars. Inspection would be best but will throw up some photos when I get a chance this week.

Looking for around the $500 mark which is what the bolt-ons are worth atleast. You get a free pan and body with them.

I also have a 1916cc rebuilt longblock that can go with the car for another $1100. Bare long motor with fuel pump, IDF manifolds, extractors ( no muff ) and t4 oilcooler and doghouse adaptor.

Please note, this is not ready to register and needs work. Only serious enquiries please. If you do need photos please post up your email addy and details of area/s you wanna see and I'll try to oblige as time permits.
Bring a trailer along and grab all my beetle stuff and a nice motor for $1500.

Details :

Evan
32086415 ( 5-30am to 3pm mon-fri )
U2U outside of those hours.
Springwood Qld

[ Edited on 9-4-2007 by Takhoal ]

[ Edited on 9-4-2007 by Takhoal ]

bond - April 9th, 2007 at 07:03 PM

and build a............

nick

Takhoal - April 9th, 2007 at 07:07 PM

giant ark that all imacs can be thrown on and sailed to some godforsaken sea and be sunk rendering this planet a better place.

NCH-003 - April 13th, 2007 at 09:57 PM

Would be interested in just the floor pan as i have a good body and parts all ready.

Takhoal - April 14th, 2007 at 09:32 AM

I dont want the hassle of then having a non-rolling shell that I have to have dumped. Kinda defeats the excercise. If you take the body with the pan and dont want all the excess parts we can talk :)

NCH-003 - April 15th, 2007 at 06:01 PM

Ok then when is good time to have a look at pan and body.

Takhoal - April 15th, 2007 at 06:06 PM

Tuesday is cool, im home all arvo/evening. monday would have to be between 4.30 & 5.15 as will be out again after collecting other half from work. Wed same as tuesday. you still got my number? if not yell out on the above number tomorrow. If you take just the body and pan I can live with that as someone else enquired about parts also so see how we all go.

tazkralc - September 15th, 2007 at 12:10 AM

you still got motor. any pics yet

yeppo1975 - September 19th, 2007 at 02:11 PM

am interested in body .i hav ea good pan.any chance of pic shaneelliott@optusnet.com.au cheers

tazkralc - September 21st, 2007 at 11:19 PM

any photos yet

tazkralc - October 16th, 2007 at 07:56 PM

Is this still for sale

1916baja - October 16th, 2007 at 08:19 PM

I bought the motor, but i dont know about the rest.