Board Logo

[FS - QLD] SWB Beach Buggy 95% complete - Papers - Pics Added
Brad - September 6th, 2007 at 08:59 PM

Name - Brad
Location - Samford, Brisbane, QLD
Item - SWB Beach buggy which has been 80 % rebuilt and only requires the engine repaired and a few things tidied up.
The Bugy is an unknown make but has papers as a Meyers Manx, it has been fully repsprayed in bright yellow 2 Pak and had the fibregalss repaired prior. It has a set of matching steel mags with RWC tyres, front and rear bars have been powder coated black and 6 point roll cage is padded and trimmed. Seats are from an MX5 and a near new soft top is supplied with it. Brakes have all been replaced and it has been 98% rewired.
Engine is a 1600SP which was fully rebuilt by Clayton at DJ Mechanical BUT has a knock in there somewhere. Exahust is a new 4 into 1.
A lot of $$$ have been spent rebuilding it and adding new partsbut the owner changed his mind and no longer wants to finish it so it is for sale.
It needs a few small things finished off and something done with the engine.

Previous QLD Rego as a Meyers Manx
Price - $5000 FIRM
Contact via PM.

Pictures - if it ever stops raining.

[ Edited on 9-9-2007 by Buggy Brad ]

Brad - September 6th, 2007 at 10:28 PM

ok more info as requested

Buggy does not have a RWC as it is not complete.

Buggy is bolted togeather as was almost ready to be picked up when it was started and a knock was heard in the engine. The owner was informed that the engine has an issue and he decided to sell it as he had changed his mind. Now I have it.

To finish the buggy you would need to do the floowing:
- Either fix engine or just drive it and the knock maybe nothing major. The engine was rebuilt so I am guessing something was done wrong.
- Get the clips fitted to the fibreglass to refit new soft top. These were taken off when we had the body sprayed we filled in all the holes.
- Hook up the regulator, all the wires are there and just need terminating.
- There maybe a few other small things as I have not road tested this buggy, engine has a knock and worked stopped.

Buggy is SOLD AS IS , no warranty implied or otherwise.

I think that is about it, you can turn the key and it runs and drives and stops and starts, it has been apart and then back togeather, well over the $5k asking price was spent on it.

Price is FIRM so don't even bother looking if you don't have $5k.

mackaymanx - September 7th, 2007 at 09:37 AM

Linkpin or balljoint frontend ?
Swing axle or IRS ?
gearbox ?

Brad - September 7th, 2007 at 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mackaymanx
Linkpin or balljoint frontend ?
Swing axle or IRS ?
gearbox ?

hehe yeah I missed that.

Whiet 5 drum brakes kinga nd link pin front swing axle rear. 1200 Type 1 swing axle 1200

Craig Torrens - September 7th, 2007 at 01:41 PM

Good advertising for DJ Mechanical !:D

Brad - September 7th, 2007 at 01:51 PM

I call a spade a spade

Brad - September 9th, 2007 at 06:00 PM

http://www.corpics.com/albums/Buggy4Sale/1_G.jpg

http://www.corpics.com/albums/Buggy4Sale/2_G.jpg

http://www.corpics.com/albums/Buggy4Sale/3_G.jpg

http://www.corpics.com/albums/Buggy4Sale/4_G.jpg

Brad - September 9th, 2007 at 06:01 PM

Has a windscreen with new glass, not shown in pictures. Also has a red soft top not shown in pictures

OZ Towdster - September 9th, 2007 at 08:55 PM

Com'n Craig you now Stans getting old and you want an unkown knock in your race motor im sure so give old mate ( DJ ) aring and i'mm sure he can send you a knocker

13BVW - September 10th, 2007 at 08:53 PM

Don't know if its any help but mine is the exact same model(first ive seen the same) it came from NZ and has always been called a Daytona Manx.

Andrew

Craig Torrens - September 10th, 2007 at 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by A Westwood
Com'n Craig you now Stans getting old and you want an unkown knock in your race motor im sure so give old mate ( DJ ) aring and i'mm sure he can send you a knocker

I should be able to get another 30 years out of Stan !!

Did you pay extra for the knock ?!

Brad - October 14th, 2007 at 08:46 AM

Will be on Ebay next week..

Summer outside, someone must want a buggy .....

The_Bronze. - October 14th, 2007 at 01:21 PM

I do :starhit:

Why can't I? :spin:

Yeah sure. :rolleyes:

Ah, yeah - something about getting a house first. :mad:

Bloody promises :fakesniff:

Looks like a good buggy - bugger all to do. Had the chance I'd snap it up. Just not my time I guess.

jigga - October 21st, 2007 at 08:55 PM

brad im interested in having a look hopefully this week. please pm me when you get the opportunity.

regards,
adam

jigga - October 21st, 2007 at 08:56 PM

jigga - October 21st, 2007 at 08:57 PM

jigga - October 21st, 2007 at 08:58 PM

jigga - October 21st, 2007 at 09:03 PM

MickH - October 21st, 2007 at 09:29 PM

Try emailing him....

h - October 21st, 2007 at 11:21 PM

yeah read his 'mood' and there you have it.. or call him @ work - custom off road..

Brad - October 22nd, 2007 at 08:14 AM

I have responded but I still fail to see how posting . 1 minute apart is going to get a response.

Anyway Buggy is still 4 sale and you have PM.

bond - October 22nd, 2007 at 03:56 PM

someone may have mentioned that he has to have > 5 posts to pm.

nick