Board Logo

[WTB - SA] 72-73 Lowlight/ Lowlight Camper
_666_ - April 24th, 2009 at 08:35 AM

as per title, im looking to buy a 72-73 lowlight, if its a camper its a bonus :)

Nick

matt - April 24th, 2009 at 06:12 PM

what sort of condition? may have one

matt

kroozzn63 - April 25th, 2009 at 04:19 PM

i know of one very low mileage high roof mint condition $15k

_666_ - April 27th, 2009 at 06:04 PM

um condition wise, rust free (or as good as i can find), minimal dents, paint ca be shabby as i wanna get it repainted, engine isnt all that important as i want to do a conversion but i do need to get around in it for the time being..

not interested in Autos, Panels, or High roofs

Dyno - April 27th, 2009 at 11:10 PM

I have a 74 camper available, not a lowlight. $2500. Has rust at the bottom of the cab steps and doglegs and a poor repair to the nose from hitting skippy which was bogged and is now cracking up-this the rust + more you would expect on every lowlight. All Kalahari tan(orange) pop top good, camper interior has been stripped out but still has fold down bed, all mattresses, cooker, sink, camper bits and pieces and cupboard plans I have taken from an original campmobile.A couple of weekends with a radial arm saw, screws and laminate would net you a very nice interior- I have pics of one I put together a few years back. Rest of body is great with no rust in doors, sills, roof or channels as it had been endrusted in its previous life in most places and you can still see it. 1800 runs well, has small exhaust leak from one heater box-easily fixes and good 1800 box which shifts well-no crunching or jumping out of gears or growling. Has donaldson, dual battery setup, rebuilt carbs by Volks Auto, new tyres and shocks all round. The car is dusty from farm shed storage and has not run in a couple of years( fogged and stored) but will fire right up. Also has clear SA rego.( obviously out of reg). If its a running project you are after, all you need to do is fix the cab steps, fix the nose skin, paint, trim and you are done...easy.