barls - September 3rd, 2009 at 06:32 AM

contact name and method as per the rules

simoninoz - September 3rd, 2009 at 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by barls
contact name and method as per the rules

Sorry again, it's me -Simon, please PM as I'm overseas. Cheers

rookie - November 19th, 2009 at 10:12 AM

Buyers beware. I contacted the seller last week when this van was advertised at $21k.

First email response read: "If you offered me what it's up there for - $21k then it's yours."

Lovely, I'll go take a look, I thought. But after some interest and some conversing, his 4th email included: "the van was put up on AVD in a hurry & no sleep as 21K, I thought I'd put 24K which is what I think it's worth & have ammeded that so honestly don't go to the effort only to haggle"

I'm not trying to make trouble, I just thought potential buyers should know what you're dealing with if you decide to proceed.

Price goes up 3k just before I book a flight? Hmmm.

iwantamanx - November 24th, 2009 at 02:16 PM

nice car

simoninoz - December 2nd, 2009 at 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rookie
Buyers beware. I contacted the seller last week when this van was advertised at $21k.

First email response read: "If you offered me what it's up there for - $21k then it's yours."

Lovely, I'll go take a look, I thought. But after some interest and some conversing, his 4th email included: "the van was put up on AVD in a hurry & no sleep as 21K, I thought I'd put 24K which is what I think it's worth & have ammeded that so honestly don't go to the effort only to haggle"

I'm not trying to make trouble, I just thought potential buyers should know what you're dealing with if you decide to proceed.

Price goes up 3k just before I book a flight? Hmmm.

Just seen this.

I think we've had a missunderstanding there, but my fault. Yeah absolutely I put an this ad up when I was back in Sydney for a week, to see if there was any interest & if it would sell quickly while I was back - like my Beetle. Sort of forgot about it since, slightly busy you could say.

I've forgotten your name mate sorry but yes you enquired about it and also about the movement on the price. I was upfront about saying no movement on 21K. You are in your rights to ask and I'm in mine to decline.

If there was any confusion about me editing the price to what I think it's worth to 24K and you expecting that I was demanding more from you then i apologise, that's not what i meant and i still read the quote as 'if you like the van and want it then it's yours for 21K'.

I'm the last person that fucks people about and was concerned about you coming up from Melbourne with the expectation of haggling on 21K, for want of a better word. It's tedious enough doing this from overseas so again, apologies that I've come across as a prat and wasted your time. Wasn't the intention.

simoninoz - December 2nd, 2009 at 04:39 AM

Let's get a bit of balance now that I've had a look at those emails. Luke my friend, I'm not sure that all the confusion is on my part, so read it over again. Still stand by my apology if you've been misslead but it's pretty clear to me.

Me....
Hi,

Yeah I think I'll be away for a couple of years, might change my mind once the winter bites up this end though..

The van is still in storage, and I haven't made any further efforts to sell it apart from the ad on AVD. If you offered me what it's up there for - $21k, 3K less that what I intended to sell it for to turn it over while i was back for a week (my beetle went like a hot cake) then it's yours. It's a 35K resto so the only direction I'll be negotiating from 21K is up.

See this link for most of the pics - I have professionals in the car resto business do the prep and body, I wasn't always there to take 'hands on' stuff but it's got most of the progress
http://www.noh2o.org/viewtopic.php?t=120 

There is another person that's interested, he's in QLD but blows hot and cold regarding getting down to see it. I haven't really been pursuing it to be honest, out of sight out of mind.

Luke....
Hi Simon,

Thanks for the quick response. Where are you then? UK? I'm assuming it was an impromptu departure, having spent all that effort on the van. Anyway, that's not my business, sorry. Just being chatty.

So, would I be right in saying that it has sat dormant in your lock up since June this year? Is it being turned over, or even driven by someone? Or did you just chuck a sheet over it and leave it? Does it look exactly the same as in those photos?

So what's the situatuon with seeing it then? Do you have someone to turn it over and show it to lookers? Is it registered in your name, and if so how would that work transferring it to a new owner?

Were the brakes all rebuilt?

Cheers in advance for the answers,

Luke

Me...
Everything was rebuilt! It sent me bloody bonkers - have a look at the thread! What went into this van is too long to list or would send me rocking backwards and forwards muttering to myself indefinitely. When you don't blink on paying $1000 to have a bumper proff straightened you know that it's affected your ability to make rational decisions in life ; )

I went to the UK to spend the summer, van was driven before then a few times after being shown at the Nats, and is kept in barn. I was back to Syd for a week and started it up in September. Short story is I was offered a job in UK while i was here, gives me opportunity to see Europe and come back in a year or two. I'll be back in March for a wedding but van might be on boat by then if i can convince myself I want it here for summer 2010. Still smells like new - that's the first impression everyone has of it when I show them.

Van is like the photos, short of dust being on it. i put the finished sliding door panel on it when I was back (with the correct silver headed clips), the rear hatch panel is ready to go on it as per the supplementary panels I had made and painted (another grand) I did want to take it out and about but the four days i was back i was stuck down by some bug for 48hrs & in A&E. I understand it might be driven for some Kombi run for Manly surf lifesaving, that's reminded me to follow that up actually..

You can see it on a Saturday, I can arrange a viewing for you if you'd like. Van is registered in my name, rego till May next year I think from memory. Papers are with a friend.

Hope that paints more of a pic but of course you need to see it.

Cheers
S

(me again)

just found this off the web, my mate did take it down for the Kombi run for the Manly Surf festival

http://forums.kombiclub.com/showthread.php?t=25569&page=4 

This is it too

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/photos/gallery/kombi-fever-at-manly/ 

Luke...
Hi Simon,

I could possibly do next Saturday. Shame it can't be during the week, as coincidentally, I have all of next week off work to get stuff done at home (Melbourne). Never mind.

So pencil me in for the 21st, but I haven't checked flights yet, and if you are able to arrange something during next week instead, please let me know. I'll wait until I hear from you about that before arranging travel.

Bottom line is... right now I'm interested, it's just the viewing to confirm as a next step.

Cheers.

Me..
Hi Luke - I'll have to see what my mate is doing but he could be free on a Thurs/Fri daytime. The van is on the Northern Beaches so you'd need to consider getting a hire car too if you don't know anyone in Sydney, public transport will only get you so far.

I'll need to talk to him and arrange before you book anything of course, hold fire till I check his avaliablity.

I'm in Leatherhead for work and still looking for somewhere I really like at the moment, on Epsom Downs in the meantime. I'll be away this weekend so send me your mobile and I'll be able to text to see what my mate can do next week.

Again, the van was put up on AVD in a hurry & no sleep as 21K, I thought I'd put 24K which is what I think it's worth & have ammeded that so honestly don't go to the effort only to haggle. There was a resto thread on Volkszone under simoninoz but I think most of the pics /short of my photobucket account are on the link I've sent. Also on earlybay.com too & the samba. Nice to be told by the Yanks that the bar has been raised.

Cheers
S

(me again)

- update, my mate Marcus can be avaliable to show you the van either Thurs/Fri next week. He will need notice that you are on your way as he won't be up there, probably working at a garage about half an hours drive away.

Luke...
"If you offered me what it's up there for - $21k, 3K less that what I
intended to sell it for to turn it over while i was back for a week

then it's yours."

"the van was put up on AVD in a hurry & no sleep as 21K, I thought I'd
put 24K which is what I think it's worth & have ammeded that so
honestly don't go to the effort only to haggle."

Simon................... I will come and look at it at 21k, as per
the original ad. I like the van, let's not let this get out of hand.

21k viewing, or nothing. Your choice.

Me..
Hey Luke - yeah 21K, that's what I meant. If you like it cool, if not
I'll eventually readvertise or do something with it

browndogproductions - April 26th, 2010 at 11:27 PM

Is this kombi still for sale? :)

05bjp90 - April 26th, 2010 at 11:57 PM

sounds like a simple misunderstanding to me

just means he has changed the price to 24k, still avail at 21k but dont expect to be getting him to go any lower.

great bus for 21k

is this still for sale btw?