Board Logo

[FS - NSW] 1970 Semi-auto bug
beetleboyjeff - September 9th, 2009 at 11:38 PM

A bloke who used to be in our club a few years ago is moving house and no longer has room for his bug, and he hasn't been using it. He is asking $3,500 ONO. He told me that he put a battery in it the other day and it ran staight away, still on the 9 year old fuel in the tank. The only problem he has was the front brakes were sticking on a bit, but probably only need cleaning out and new brake fluid. Here is his cover letter for the photos he sent me. If anyone is interested, give me a ring on 0418 841581. The car is at Kundabung (between Port Macquarie & Kempsey).

"Hi Jeff
I think it's a 1970 model.automatic. It;s honey tan in colour,black inside. I had the motor done up got the car registered in 2000, and only drove it a couple of times before buying the Porsche,and parking theVW in the shed fo the last 9 years."

beetleboyjeff - September 9th, 2009 at 11:42 PM

Just a few more photos.

beetleboyjeff - February 6th, 2010 at 08:25 PM

Had a phone call this afternoon from a bloke called Terry McKinnon - he used to subcontract for me quite a bit with his backhoe up untill a few years ago - he has just bought this bug. Neil (the bloke selling it) had it stored at Terry's place while he was waiting for it to sell, and Terry ended up deciding to buy it himself. I think he only needs to have the brakes done, and he can get it registered, so hope to see it on the road and at club meetings soon.

VWCOOL - February 7th, 2010 at 09:58 AM

.. tell him to relocate that fuel filter to BEFORE the fuel pump!!

beetleboyjeff - February 7th, 2010 at 10:00 AM

Yes. Very good idea. I will do that.

ctefeh - February 16th, 2010 at 05:45 PM

Jeff,
The carby hookup to the CV appears wrong/not there.
http://www.vwar.org  if he's interested...

Regards
Ctefeh

beetleboyjeff - February 17th, 2010 at 12:36 AM

Thanks, I will pass that on to him as well.

jjwebb123 - February 17th, 2010 at 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by VWCOOL
.. tell him to relocate that fuel filter to BEFORE the fuel pump!!

Thats exactly what i was going to say.