Board Logo

[FS - QLD] 1972 Superbug - Mercedes Blue
Yogi - January 9th, 2010 at 10:20 AM

Hi Guys,
Just posting this up for my sister. Good value in my opinion. Her name is Brooke and lives in Brisbane (sorry I dont know suburb). Her number is 07 32053416. My old man built this from the ground up - from memory it has a HellBug engine 1800cc with extended sump that has also been rebuilt along with full gear box rebuild, complete with Gene Berg shifters. Used to have twin dellorto carbs but the old man took them off after he realised how fast this little machine was ;) . It has Porsche cookie cutters and bucket seats and complete with racing harness.

She is looking for $5K

To all admins - hope that I haven't missed any of your rules :)

Yogi - January 9th, 2010 at 10:24 AM

Another photo of the interior

Yogi - January 9th, 2010 at 02:13 PM

Engine Bay shot

bnicho - January 9th, 2010 at 03:24 PM

I like that! Has a classy look about it.

(Except for the pink engine tinware!)

Any rust?
How long since it was painted?
Any receipts for engine work or the paint job?
Service history?

Cheers,

Yogi - January 9th, 2010 at 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bnicho
I like that! Has a classy look about it.

(Except for the pink engine tinware!)

Any rust?
How long since it was painted?
Any receipts for engine work or the paint job?
Service history?

Cheers,

Definitely with you on the pink tinware but the sis seemed to like it :) The paint job would have been done around 8 years ago. Definitely no rust - it was all taken out when the spray job was done and my old man was very retentive ;) The old man kept all of the reciepts so I would say that he would have everything that was spent on it. He also serviced it as well, so it hasn't been unloved.

This was my little bug that I let go some time ago - so you can see the retentiveness in the family :(:(:(

bnicho - January 15th, 2010 at 10:24 AM

I like it, but I'm banned from having a Beetle until the youngest can face forward in a car seat. She's 2.5 months old now, so it will be a while. :(

Free bump anyway.

71dub - January 15th, 2010 at 11:58 AM

would remove fuel filter from engine bay as soon as ,good looking car good luck with the sale

ryana89 - January 15th, 2010 at 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 71dub
would remove fuel filter from engine bay as soon as

x2

An absolutly beautiful car, and the red one you previously owned looks beautiful too.

nmenz - February 18th, 2010 at 06:06 AM

Is this car stilll for sale???

jjwebb123 - February 18th, 2010 at 10:23 AM

get that god dam filter out of the engine bay.:fakesniff:

vassy66T1 - February 19th, 2010 at 04:36 PM

The filter is out of the engine bay ... and no it is not for sale as I own it. Great little car.

nmenz - February 19th, 2010 at 05:32 PM

bugger :(