Board Logo

[FS - NSW] solid, lowered,74 single cab ute. more pics now! cheers krisko
wiseoldub - July 8th, 2010 at 08:25 PM

Its time to sell the well known Byron Hire Work ute! Its a 74 ex military single cab , lowered on merc 15 ' rims or white walled 14's. Its running a strong 2 ltr with 009 and elec ignition mated to an 1800 box. Empi twin exhaust nearly brand new. Paint is white and coming off in spots to reveal the original miliatary green (gonna have a go at stripping more white off as the green looks wicked!) Interior is red and matches the wheels. its a really solid bus that I really , really love, but I need a 4wd for work as I do alot of towing excavators and bobcats. Headlining was replaced recently in white. I have just put an oil temp guage in and she runs at 100 degrees all day, pulls up hills well and has converted me to build a type 4 into my splitter. there is an empi short shift gearstick in it, and a very nice stereo with mp3 player. Quarter flipper windows up front are better than air con and theres an under dash parcel tray for all your crap. Ratty roof rack available if neccisary. she is a beautiful ratty ute that is meant to be used and enjoyed.
located in the byron shire (2481), travelling to Valla with a few great splits if you need part transport.
I am contactable on 0414 726194. i am able to build stuff, but i am not clever enough to put pics on 'puters so I will be appealing to my good mate Krisko to help me out there! (wink, wink...beer mmmm)look out for pics...looking for $10000
cheers

krisko - July 9th, 2010 at 08:15 AM

I am also looking for ten grand

if anyone happens to find it - please send me PM
;)

josh - i'll come past later and take some better pics for the peeps

wiseoldub - July 9th, 2010 at 10:08 AM

cheers bruva!

krisko - July 10th, 2010 at 09:08 AM

part exchange it with the Hilux :lol:

wiseoldub - July 10th, 2010 at 01:15 PM

thinkin about maybe putting a set of rims on it too! either polished BRM's or those white Fuchs from The Bus Stop.
had a few calls and yes I can and will take it to Valla!!

Volksy85 - July 10th, 2010 at 02:47 PM

hi mate

whats the extent of the rust in the ol girl? dog legs...sills...under wheel arches...roof gutters...cab floor etc?

interior shots?

komuter - July 10th, 2010 at 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Volksy85
hi mate

whats the extent of the rust in the ol girl? dog legs...sills...under wheel arches...roof gutters...cab floor etc?

interior shots?

no rust in this old ute ,,,,

wiseoldub - July 12th, 2010 at 05:12 PM

thanks mate, its a shame and I really wanted to keep this one forever, but i also don't want to see it tow stuff that is too heavy for it and kill it! needs to be used and loved!
cheers

komuter - July 12th, 2010 at 07:08 PM

yep,,,,,i used to love the ute myself ,good luck josh

wiseoldub - July 19th, 2010 at 01:53 PM

bump for the guy i just spoke to from melbourne.
cheers

wiseoldub - July 22nd, 2010 at 12:35 PM

too much?

wiseoldub - July 25th, 2010 at 09:24 PM

removed from sale for the moment...putting a bigger motor together. will see you at Valla
thanks to all interested. she is a great ute

jjwebb123 - July 25th, 2010 at 09:26 PM

bit of panel work there.
But has potential.:tu:

wiseoldub - July 26th, 2010 at 12:48 PM

yeah, she would need a bit of care to be turned into a full show car, but who has a ute as a show car?
cheers
going to sell the 68 bug and the 63 panel instread

xmaspast - August 28th, 2010 at 02:51 PM

Are you still not selling this ute

wiseoldub - August 29th, 2010 at 09:59 AM

I took this off the for sale list as it developed a rattle, which i inspected and repaired.(valve seat = new head and piston in no.1)
I was selling the ute for the business that supplied it as my work car, but the business has given it to me now, so I may not be in a hurry to sell. We are arranging our wedding at the moment and may need extra cash in a few months, so it may reach the market then. So at this time, she is not actively for sale, but offers are welcome! I am falling in love with it all over again with the extra power of all 4 cylinders. she has a set of BRM's coming very soon too.
i am now going to put a type 4 motor into my splitty!
i would consider a swap for a twin cab if there was one out there.
cheers , josh:cool:

SlownLow - October 25th, 2010 at 09:40 PM

hi
do you still have this SC bay?

krisko - October 26th, 2010 at 10:49 AM

its still there

wiseoldub - October 26th, 2010 at 04:13 PM

yep, still here under cover! welding started on my split today, so it will be back on the market me thinks!

SlownLow - October 26th, 2010 at 07:58 PM

nice,
look forward to seeing it

komuter - October 27th, 2010 at 02:08 PM

hey josh ,i will take it off your hands for what you bought it off me for brother? and how have you been ,i hear your going to tie the knot,good luck and have fun,,,,peter

wiseoldub - October 27th, 2010 at 04:24 PM

Hey Peter,
Good to hear from you!
I'll have a good think about that!
I've put a 2 ltr and 1800 gearbox and new headliner and full set of shocks and ball joints since then, but its what we do!
cheers mate, look forward to speakin wiith you!
cheers j

wiseoldub - November 3rd, 2010 at 12:06 PM

Sold! gone to greener pastures and a good bloke!
cheers to all

komuter - November 3rd, 2010 at 07:24 PM

as long as she has gone to a good home:fakesniff: