Board Logo

[WTB - VIC] 60's Squareback swap for Type 346
seaside3 - December 4th, 2010 at 12:07 PM

Hi guys,

I've decided that im not going to be able to restore my 1967 Type 3 Karmann Ghia. It needs alot of rust repairs which I dont have the ability to carry out. Some of you may have seen it advertised on ebay in recent months but I was in two minds and probably knocked back an offer or two which I should have accepted. Anyway if anyone is seriously interested in a swap/deal for a 60's square of equal value(6-7k) pls contact me for information, pics etc and see if we can work something out.

Factory RHD Sunroof car
Matching numbers with paperwork
Missing carpet and chrome window moulds otherwise complete and running well.
The rust is in the sunroof drains and follows the water drainage route if you can imagine that. so from the back of the roof, down the b pillars and ends with the inner guards being rusty. The floors aren't terrible but are showing signs of thinning.
the rest of the car seems solid but im no body expert so an inspection is reccomended.

Pics on demand for serious enquiries.

I can be contacted here or via PM, gantoni@optusnet.com.au or on 0402871092(pls dont block your number I will not answer)

Merry Christmas!
George

telf - December 8th, 2010 at 10:54 AM

Can you post any picks?
thanks Telf

seaside3 - December 8th, 2010 at 05:05 PM

Hi Telf,

I've decided to take some better pictures of the car as I finally got it out of the garage. I'll give it a dust off and have some pics up by the end of the week.

p.s i wasn't happy with the photos i've got of it because they didn't show the car well as it was in the corner of the garage and hard to take good photos.