Board Logo

What have kombis and Bruce Lee got in common?
mnsKmobi - April 14th, 2003 at 11:07 AM

Answer: they both appeared in "Game of Death" on SBS last Saturday night. This movie starred Bruce (and some very non-lookalike doubles) and at least half a dozen kombis.

jenz58 - April 14th, 2003 at 08:29 PM

Damn should have watched it. Hired the new Jackie Chan movie and no VW's in it at all:(

jenz58 - April 14th, 2003 at 09:36 PM

Adz, the spy one?:(

Was I asleep again?

I'm just slow if they are not beetles, komis or type 3's

Dougie keeps spotting VW's on the news footage on Iraq. Mind you I did spot a nose badge the other day

The_Bronze. - April 14th, 2003 at 11:27 PM

My kids are getting so good they have gone past spotting 1's,2's,3's and transporters but now beating ut to Boras, Passats and Golfs. Little buggers, there getting heaps good.

I watched game of death and taped the making of as well - Tuesday night it was.

Watched Seinfield tonight and Kramer was getting around in a powder blue KG. Didn't look like anything special - Suited him to a 'T' Though.

Andy - April 14th, 2003 at 11:48 PM

The local station here in Brissy (Bris31) has been doing a special on Elvis each Monday night.
Tonight they showed part of one of his movies (sorry didn't catch the name) which featured a Manx carving up the beach and in the surf!! Great stuff.
Andy

Bug - April 15th, 2003 at 12:35 AM

:sandrine
Yes I watched the Bruce lee movie Sat night.
In one car park scene alone there were at least 5 in the car park. (and all kombi's)
VW's must be cheap to use in that movie!
Bug (o\|/o)

Pat - April 15th, 2003 at 02:05 AM

"there getting heaps good",

Hey bronze, aren't you a school teacher?:P

I watched a show the other night I can't remember the channel, but it had an LSD crazed dude driving around in a Manx strangling girls, it was really bizarre.

Robo - April 15th, 2003 at 07:40 AM

You see a lot of Kombies in the old movies, because they used them to carry sound gear and a lot of other stuff, the hollywood lots had quite a few of them!
Rob.....

jenz58 - April 18th, 2003 at 11:45 AM

LOL

Guess they think they have to look creative:jesus

Never know, teaching drama he may turn. We'll have to watch out, it may happen gradually:alien

fatboy - April 18th, 2003 at 11:58 AM

So let me get this right, The Bronzes new nickname is Sniggles ?

:P

jenz58 - April 18th, 2003 at 01:26 PM

Maybe means a cross between a snigger and a giggle.

Adz sniggled:jesus I think

or maybe The-Bronze is turning already:o

KOM123 - April 19th, 2003 at 12:24 AM

Answer: They're both legends :)